Headgear

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

VxD wrote:an idea for the complete snake-set : Image
Ah, yes, quite good! I do indeed like it! Not what I had in mind, but it makes a great variation pattern. I do hope it gets accepted. It seems we already have a few voters in favor of it... :wink:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Eyepatch is good enough I think.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

A few thoughts on the eyepatch-
The first frame the eyepatch is flat on the left side, it would probably look better if it had the four pixels that the right side had.
The dead frame the eye patch is one pixel shorter than in the first frame. If you add the pixels to the top of this frame it looks too circular.
Try making it one one pixel taller and adding the second side as well.
The eyepatch only pic doesn't have all of the pixels that the combined pic does.
-DAVe
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

yosuhara wrote:so? no opinions on my eye patch? where are all pirates?
I think all the pirates were hanged at the stake. :wink:

I believe it is quite good! If you made a left-eye version, then people could have three combinations: right, left, or both. :wink:
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Cosmostrator wrote: The eyepatch only pic doesn't have all of the pixels that the combined pic does.
-DAVe
that's because i used default colors of the male sprite, i didn't coloured some pixels...
VxD
Peon
Peon

Post by VxD »

Crush wrote: VxD: Your wooden helm is a good start, but it needs a lot of work. You are using only strict horizontal and diagonal lines. That is a very bad style. Try to make the shape more round. Then you are drawing it strictly from the side and not in a 45° from above perspective. You can fix this by making the lower edge round. Modanungs steel cap or my "basic helm" from page 1 are good examples.
thanks for the critic, I will try to change this. (and add the cup on the top ?)
Bjørn wrote:
VxD wrote:Pauan : I propose this one : Image
a 32*32 grid, and the future is taken in count (the empty frames).
As I pointed out earlier, the empty frames seen in our current hairstyles and headgear is because of the _old_ playerset. It's not something we plan to add, but something that is no longer necessary. Please leave them out.

Another thing I need to point out is that you shouldn't make your frame size larger than necessary. Our animation system is currently flexible enough to use different frame sizes for each headgear. The frames in this template are way too large for most headgear.
this template is certainly adapted enough for most headgears (not the too big):
(.xcf) : http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=7605526
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

first frame of party hat... what do u say?

Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

yosuhara wrote:first frame of party hat... what do u say?

Nice work.
A thought. Is it possible to develope it into a wizard hat? I mean it already looks a bit like that. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Tarm wrote:Is it possible to develope it into a wizard hat? I mean it already looks a bit like that. :)
IMO finish one piece first then do a different (as in more than recolored) version from the full set: gets stuff faster into circulation.

Also as a sidenote I would deem party hats one of the rare things I'm willing to accept as recolored too.
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think a party hat should be smaller. It should be hold in place by an elastic, rather then jammed stuck on the head like ordinary hats. :)
Google for "Party hat"
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Modanung wrote:I think a party hat should be smaller. It should be hold in place by an elastic, rather then jammed stuck on the head like ordinary hats. :)
Google for "Party hat"
so lets say, it will be wizard hat :D
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

yosuhara wrote:so lets say, it will be wizard hat :D
It looks to rediculous too be a (charismatic) wizard hat.

Also, it could use some more depth (shading is too soft). And the light seems to come from the left, it should come from the south west.
If this would be laying on the floor I'd think it's an alien slice of pizza. Or a strawberry yoghurt pizza with slices of banana. :P
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Modanung wrote:
yosuhara wrote:so lets say, it will be wizard hat :D
It looks to rediculous too be a (charismatic) wizard hat.

Also, it could use some more depth (shading is too soft). And the light seems to come from the left, it should come from the south west.
If this would be laying on the floor I'd think it's an alien slice of pizza. Or a strawberry yoghurt pizza with slices of banana. :P
lol :lol: