Ice Cave

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Better. I trust you will shade in the head a bit more in the final version...? Either way, I think the main problem with the animation is the "crink" in it's back. Because it's a round-ish ball of fur, people would naturally assume it would hold that shape. Thus, having the head suddenly "detach" itself and having it walk around looks a bit... unnerving. In other words, try straightening out the back and see if it looks better or not.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Cosmostrator wrote:Image
don't you think the walking animation would look better when the creature would lift its feet instead of grinding them back and forth over the floor?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Gonzalo
Peon
Peon

Post by Gonzalo »

I think that way of moving will look great if the creature is placed on slippery surfaces (such as ice)

Code: Select all

System.out.println("Java Developer");
echo 'Powered by Debian GNU/Linux'
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Sorry for the long gap, my internet went down and work has been too busy to worry about it until recently. Here are the most recent animations.
Image Image
Image Image
Standing then taking a step up and walking continiously.
They still need a lot of work, a down view and attack animation. Hopefully things will slow down a little at work and I can put some real time into finishing. Just wanted to let you know I was still working on it.
-DAVe
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Cosmostrator wrote:Sorry for the long gap, my internet went down and work has been too busy to worry about it until recently. Here are the most recent animations.
Image Image
Image Image
They still need a lot of work, a down view and attack animation. Hopefully things will slow down a little at work and I can put some real time into finishing. Just wanted to let you know I was still working on it.
-DAVe
Frankly, the whole head-moving-thing looks out of place and just plain funny. I can understand a little bobbing of the head, but you took it to an extreme. The shading could also use some more work, more definition to be specific. Right now it looks like a bunch of clumps of pixels slammed together. Just keep working, you'll get it right eventually. :wink:
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Cosmostrator wrote:Sorry for the long gap, my internet went down and work has been too busy to worry about it until recently. Here are the most recent animations.
Image Image
Image Image
-DAVe
The bottom animation has the wrong perspective!!
You took a drawing from modanung that was a direct pixelation of another drawing of himself with that pose. Don't keep working on that perspective...
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.