How to compile

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

krismichael wrote:Hmm, I have Borland Turbo C/C++ and DJGPP. I should try and compile on those just as a test. I'll let you know how it goes. :)
I think that will almost surely not work, especially since you also need to get all the dependencies working on it. On Windows we're currently only supporting Dev-C++ (free) and there might be only minor problems with getting it to work with MSVC.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well on MSVC it was working just before we switched to Guichan, but it seems Guichan has full support for MSVC, so I presume there won't be problems.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yeah I already compiled it in MSVC7, no real problems.

Seems like nobody is actually using MSVC a lot though, so there were quite a few things I needed to fix before I got it to compile. Also the project files were for MSVC8, so I had to recreate them for MSVC7. If there's interest in MSVC7 support I'll commit them once I happen to reboot to WinXP.
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

I have some of the dependencies working just fine. I compile Allegro apps no problem. Some of the other stuff I'm not sure about.
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

If Borland can work with MSVC or MinGW produced binaries (the library files) then it might be no problem. Otherwise I see no way in which you could build for example Guichan. Still I'm sure with enough effort it'll work, as Guichan should be ANSI C++.
bay
Peon
Peon

Post by bay »

Bjørn wrote:If Borland can work with MSVC or MinGW produced binaries (the library files) then it might be no problem. Otherwise I see no way in which you could build for example Guichan. Still I'm sure with enough effort it'll work, as Guichan should be ANSI C++.
good to see bjorn working on something other than rpgdx =)

.02$
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

bay wrote:good to see bjorn working on something other than rpgdx =)
Uh are you sure? RPGDX has been a little quiet lately, no? :-)

Ah this project is taking too much of my time, nothing left anymore for Tiled, RPGDX or my own RPG projects. Those others will be worked on as the need arises though. :)