MUSIC OF ENTRANCE

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

What would I lose by doing that?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the changes at the map since the last update you had to install manually. For most maps there should be no changes. The reason all the maps are in the updates is that they have been replaced by the new halloween maps and then again by the normal version to undo the halloween update.

when you want to be sure not to break anything you should extract the map from the most recent update and make your changes at this version.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

So if I change all the maps in the compressed update files (several), that is what will be loaded, until there's another update?
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Can Tiled be loaded locally? I'm not able to open map files in a compressed folder the way things are now. When I extract them, soemthing changes them because Tiled won't open them.

Sorry to nag.....but I really like the login song!

Thanks again!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Crush wrote:the changes at the map since the last update you had to install manually. For most maps there should be no changes. The reason all the maps are in the updates is that they have been replaced by the new halloween maps and then again by the normal version to undo the halloween update.
That's not the case, the Halloween versions of the maps have been simply pulled back and not are overridden by another update. The reason for any map to be in an update currently is because it was changed since 0.0.20. The changes you lose by removing it from the updates are however only whatever changed since your installed version.
Madcap wrote:Can Tiled be loaded locally? I'm not able to open map files in a compressed folder the way things are now. When I extract them, soemthing changes them because Tiled won't open them.
The reason you can't just extract a map file and open it in Tiled is that Tiled needs to be able to find the tile sets referenced by the map. They are referenced using a relative path, which basically means you can only open the map file when it's in the "maps" directory, unless you make a copy of the tile sets directory in the right location.

Like Modanung, I would also suggest you simply play the music in Winamp and turn off the music in game.