Firewall/proxy

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Firewall/proxy

Post by Cosmostrator »

I am trying to run TMW on a computer that is behind a firewall that requires all traffic to be sent through a proxy. The computer is running windows XP if it matters.
I cannot connect to the update server, however connecting to the actual game server and running the game works fine.
Is there a way to set the proxy settings for TMW? Perhaps I am missing something, I can connect to the update server through firefox fine.
-DAVe
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Have you changed the update adress as said on the front page?
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

yeah I have. I actually tried both addresses while posting to see if maybe there was a problem with just the new address. I was able to manually download all the files just fine.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Cosmostrator wrote:yeah I have. I actually tried both addresses while posting to see if maybe there was a problem with just the new address. I was able to manually download all the files just fine.

Maybe you did my mistake. Changing the adress while TMW was still running. That wont work.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Another common error seems to be to leave "/files" at the end of the adress.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
jvroig
Peon
Peon

Post by jvroig »

I"m using Fedora Core 6.

I can't start TMW when I'm behind a proxy (we use squid at work). Where can I set the proxy settings for TMW?

At home, it runs fine. pretty cool.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

jvroig wrote:I"m using Fedora Core 6.

I can't start TMW when I'm behind a proxy (we use squid at work). Where can I set the proxy settings for TMW?

At home, it runs fine. pretty cool.
If you're using GNOME, set the proxy settings in GNOME and TMW should automatically use them as least for downloading the updates. For routing the connections to the servers through a proxy I think you could try an ssh tunnel or something, but I'm no expert on that. I'd also have no idea how we could add proxy support for those things to TMW.

Of course you shouldn't be playing TMW at work anyway.