Kilt

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

(closest topic I could find)

I'd love to see a kilt if any artists out there feel like making one! I would if I could.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Kilt? I would love to pixel a kilt if a few more people than just madcap want's it. That would rock.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

BadMrBox wrote:Kilt? I would love to pixel a kilt if a few more people than just madcap want's it. That would rock.
How many yay votes do I need???!!! And from who?
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Madcap wrote:How many yay votes do I need???!!! And from who?
i think he wants my vote. :wink:

ok BadMrBox, i vote you should do it, its a good idea.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

BadMrBox wrote:Kilt? I would love to pixel a kilt if a few more people than just madcap want's it. That would rock.
Sure, crossgender clothing would be cool. Just not make it a traditional kilt.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

I vote yes too, while agreeing with Modanung on the style of it.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

QOAL likes it too. He mentioned something about "3D rendering".....I told him to get with you Box.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Well, I have 3d software that can do coth.
So I was thinking that I could (if its required) do a mock animation which then can be used a base for the actual animation, if this makes creating such items easier to produce.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Quiche_on_a_leash wrote:Well, I have 3d software that can do coth.
So I was thinking that I could (if its required) do a mock animation which then can be used a base for the actual animation, if this makes creating such items easier to produce.
Creating and rendering a model as reference for a 13x13 pixel kilt? While we already have a walking animation it needs to fit on? That's overkill(t). I think our pixel artists can handle this baby just fine.
I wonder what "3D Software" you'd want to use for that btw.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Cinema 4d. 9.6
(It was just a suggestion :))
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Quiche_on_a_leash wrote:Cinema 4d. 9.6
(It was just a suggestion :))
I suppose you didn't pay 800 Euro's to purchase this product?
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Well I do have quite a lot of money, but I cannot confim or deny the price I paid for it :P (I think the version I have costs more that 800 euros any way :))
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Quiche_on_a_leash wrote:Well I do have quite a lot of money, but I cannot confim or deny the price I paid for it :P (I think the version I have costs more that 800 euros any way :))
:shock: OMG. 800euro for a computer program... that's more than I would buy a car for. I dont have a driverlicense so it would be stupid to buy a car for whatever price so it was a stupid example so I'll start from the beginning. OMG. 800euro. That's more than I pay for whiskey in a year.

Wow, people seem to want a kilt :D. I'll give it a try to do a nontraditional kilt.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Quiche_on_a_leash wrote:Well I do have quite a lot of money, but I cannot confim or deny the price I paid for it :P (I think the version I have costs more that 800 euros any way :))
...Sick... Usually your company or maybe school pays for it... but paying over 800 euro's for it yourself? Nah. So was it worth it?
You know Blender is free, right? And illegal copies of all software are pretty free as well. :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

there are a lot of professional programs that costs over $1000 per license. Usually exotic software only needed by a handfull of professionals and not bought by private people but by companies.

Thats the paradox of the software market. Low demand doesn't lower the price but increase it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.