Where do I send new map?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Madcap
Novice
Novice

Where do I send new map?

Post by Madcap »

I did not realize you couldn't send the SF mailing lists an attachment.

Please tell me the best way to share my map with the developers.

Thank you.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

from the mapping tutorial on the wiki:
There are many ways to send us your map so we can include it in the next release.

Just mail your map to the developers mailing list themanaworld-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

IRC
Join our IRC Channel. When you are not familiar with irc you can find a guide in this Forum Thread. When you are in the channel ask a developer if you can send him your map using DCC or upload your map to a webspace or one click hoster and give us the link. Ignore everything [m]att says.

Forum
Upload your map to any webspace or one click hoster. An overview graphic (can be created with Tileds "Save as Image" feature) would be nice, too. Visit our Forum and register a new account. Then open a new thread, introduce yourself and post a link to your map.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Crush wrote:from the mapping tutorial on the wiki:
There are many ways to send us your map so we can include it in the next release.

Just mail your map to the developers mailing list themanaworld-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

IRC
Join our IRC Channel. When you are not familiar with irc you can find a guide in this Forum Thread. When you are in the channel ask a developer if you can send him your map using DCC or upload your map to a webspace or one click hoster and give us the link. Ignore everything [m]att says.

Forum
Upload your map to any webspace or one click hoster. An overview graphic (can be created with Tileds "Save as Image" feature) would be nice, too. Visit our Forum and register a new account. Then open a new thread, introduce yourself and post a link to your map.
Email option failed. I am now trying the IRC option.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

If by failed you mean no answer in some hours that doesn't mean we didn't receive it. At least I saved it locally and planned to review it one of these days. IRC could just accelerate the process, but be sure we will provide you an answer as soon as we can, which can also be not very soon :wink:
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:If by failed you mean no answer in some hours that doesn't mean we didn't receive it. At least I saved it locally and planned to review it one of these days. IRC could just accelerate the process, but be sure we will provide you an answer as soon as we can, which can also be not very soon :wink:
No, I didn't mean it was ignored. It appeared to me that the attachment didn't make it through the mailing list. Did it? If so, I am dead wrong and the email did not fail. If that is the case, I apologize for the confusion.