Weekly developers' meeting

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Weekly developers' meeting

Post by Bjørn »

It'd be good to have a weekly event where all the developers are together, because often issues arise on the IRC channel that could use everybody's opinion. Such an event could help in settling overal decisions. Often there will be a short list of things do be discussed, and anybody can bring additional issues to the table.

For this we need a certain time and day of the week. I'm assuming in the weekend would work best. Now most of us live in Europe but I realize some are from the other side of the world. The current proposal is either of

Friday evening 21:00 GMT (Saturday morning for NZ people)
Saturday evening 21:00 GMT (Sunday morning for NZ people)

Could every team member clearly try to state his preference, or any other proposal if there's a problem with either of these? Thanks!
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

i'm all for the first proposal: 21GMT on Friday. could be a little earlier though since it might be possible that a lot of us often go out around this time (GMT+1 here). still, i think this would suit us best so far.
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I agree with Alex, especially regarding the proposal to do it a little earlier
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Ok well what a swell response! I can already feel this meeting is going to be a great success.

Well because all the people that responded voted to do it a little earlier, let's have the first meeting at 20:00 GMT/UTC, this Friday! Please try to keep your evening free (maybe an hour or so) and be sure to make up a list of issues to discuss.

Hope to see you all there! :-)

For Dutch, German and Italian dudes, this is indeed 21:00 in the evening. For those living in Israel, this is 22:00. All others will have to do some calculations for themselves. ;-)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Sneaky that you only mentioned Israel.. ;)
Herman
Peon
Peon

Post by Herman »

17:00 to all the chileans on the dev team :roll:
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Ok, the last meeting was a success I think (even though I'm still waiting for the notules to appear online...), and this evening (for Europeans at least) is the next!

So for all TMW devs, come to #manaworld-dev at 20:00 GMT.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I just want to note that this meeting is supposed to be weekly, wether it is announced on this forum or not. I also want to note that tonight at 20:00 GMT regular time, is the next one.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I'll be there :D
zenogais
Peon
Peon

Post by zenogais »

I'm sorry to announce, but I probably won't be able to make the devs meetings except once in a great while. I'll try to make up for this by keeping a frequent presence in the #manaworld and #manaworld-dev channels.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Ok, that's unfortunate. Maybe you will find it nice to know we've kept meeting minutes last time, and we plan to keep this up. They are committed to CVS and can be read at docs/meetings/.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

yeah this is a really good thingy for ppl who missed the dv meeting or are just interested
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

so is that 4:00 pm (16:00) US eastern time? I've always been a bit confused by GMT.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Kyokai wrote:so is that 4:00 pm (16:00) US eastern time? I've always been a bit confused by GMT.
After a quick look at http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/, and clicking to US timezones, it told me the following:

EST (Eastern Standard Time) = GMT-5

So I guess the meeting being at 20:00 GMT will mean that's 15:00 EST.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

many thanks, Bjorn.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.