Cave Monsters

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Madcap
Novice
Novice

Cave Monsters

Post by Madcap »

TMW currently has some great cave dwellers: red and gold slime, black scorpions, spiders, lampsnakes, and bats.

In brainstorming how to make caves interesting and worth visiting, I'm wondering if an additional beast or two might keep some interest. I propose a Cave Viper that is the strongest creature TMW has seen so far. And to make it look different from it's cousins the lamp snake and green snake, it could like something like this:

And that got me thinking that maybe there is a quest opportunity that would utilize the uncompleted art of VxD: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... snake_skin

If a character could manage to harvest enough of the Cave Sniper's skin, maybe a local seamstress could make different pieces of clothing from it. I have just the idea about where these vipers can reside too. If the dev team is interested in hearing it, let me know!

Also, how about a giant worm of some kind?

or

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

yeah i've been thinking about "dune-type" worm som time ago also...
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

After posting this and going to bed finally, I also thought of trolls or a mangled and angry mole of some kind. I wish I could draw. Also, rats, beatles, and maybe something similar to a huge mosquito?
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

GravyTrain and I have been working on some creatures, and one of them we were going to work on was a GIANT troll-esque monster that would be used for a boss. Upon further thought, we thought that since the forest town is coming out, maybe we should make some forest animals. If bosses will be implimented, gravy and i will draw up something that might be usable....

about the worms/snakes.... maybe we should make something that is more different that what we currently seem to have an abundance of.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Yeah, I need a mean bastard to inhabit the map I am working on that would connect to the other one underground.

The original Cave Viper concept came from wanting to use the partially completed clothing line made by VxD by including it in a small quest.
GravyTrain
Peon
Peon

Post by GravyTrain »

something evil and mean like this

Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

GravyTrain wrote:something evil and mean like this

Yeah, but it needs teets.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

How about a cyclops!!! Make it the boss of many little thingies of some sort.