Concentration goal for December: Christmas content

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Concentration goal for December: Christmas content

Post by Rotonen »

We're trying to have concentration goals once again, so please post all of your christmas related ideas and art about anything graphics related here.

This time we're going to have monthly concentration goals, let's see what the next year brings to us after all this fabulous Christmas content... ;)
Last edited by Rotonen on 03 Jan 2007, 01:21, edited 2 times in total.
This message used to be meaningful.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Why not create our own christmas figure like Pere Noel, the three wise men, etc? And I'm not thinking about the rudolph blob :lol:
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

Killer christmas trees roaming the forest would be cool.
A blizzard overlay would be nice.
Carol singing NPC's :P
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

*sing* Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo

just kidding.

We could give out the red v-neck sweaters by Saphy as a quest reward.

It could maybe be awarded by collecting drops from some kind of anti-christmas figurine (like the grinch). That monster could spawn on every map but only every hour or so. We could either make it very weak so that everyone has a chance to beat it or very strong so that people have to work together to kill it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Abominable Snowman!! Something big, like that thing Dr. Wahl started. I'll see if I can find a link.......I can't find the damn thing. I can't even remember if it was the wiki or the forum where I saw it.
The Judge
Novice
Novice

Post by The Judge »

How about mandatory Santa hats for all...and everyone fights with candy canes? Instead of blobs, (albeit you'd need the sprites...) you could have roaming christmas baubles. And the snakes could be strings of lights! They may not be totally feasible, but they're ideas.
Gabranth in game.
Get ready for chafing, here come the Chainpants!
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yes, those are simple ideas that are not that hard to pixellate, even newcomers should have a try at those.
This message used to be meaningful.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

after a pm from madcap, i have decided to continue work on the snowman i was working on (very rough sketch right now...). I will post again when i have more work finished on it, but this is where it is at as of now:

Last edited by Dr Wahl on 19 Aug 2009, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Dr Wahl wrote:after a pm from madcap, i have decided to continue work on the snowman i was working on (very rough sketch right now...). I will post again when i have more work finished on it, but this is where it is at as of now:

:D looks really.... ehm... snowy :D
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

You know there is yellow snow...
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Dr Wahl wrote:after a pm from madcap, i have decided to continue work on the snowman i was working on (very rough sketch right now...). I will post again when i have more work finished on it, but this is where it is at as of now:

I really am looking forward to beating the poo-poo out of that thing!! LOL!
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I don't say this very often... but in this stage I don't think the snowman even looks promising. :?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

He looks like the Marshmallow monster in Ghostbusters. :lol:
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Modanung wrote:I don't say this very often... but in this stage I don't think the snowman even looks promising. :?
Is it because of it's stubby arms? Do you not like the idea of it having feet and prefer a more traditional snowman shape? If it were to be bipedal, would it look better to have it's proportions more.....what's the word I am looking for here........screwed-up?
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

well.. i am no artist, as you might be able to tell, but i was kinda shooting for more of an abominable snow monster.