MiniMap

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

MiniMap

Post by HaLLanHype »

Hey I was wondering how you guys went about your minimap. I am going to add one to my game I am working on and was wondering how you did yours.

Did you take the map and then just shrink it to that... or did you just load up an image for that map... or...?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Currently the minimaps are just drawn by hand, by scaling down the map so that one pixel represents a single tile and drawing over the relevant edges.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I guess your maps include information what tiles are walkable and what tiles are not. When you are lazy you could use this information to create minimaps automatically.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Yeah I was thinking of just making one for each map, could also do something that takes the map and shrinks it done using directx but im not sure how nice that is... I will have to mess around.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Exactly how our minimaps are created is described in detail on the wiki:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... _a_Minimap
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

ok I will take a look at that. I have decided against it until I add scrolling maps if I do so.