Concentration goal for December: Christmas content

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

I dont know. A christmas event shouldnt have a monster that looks like a devil. Imho of course.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Tarm wrote:I dont know. A christmas event shouldnt have a monster that looks like a devil. Imho of course.
If that looks like a devil... I do too. It's fluffy 'n brown. Ok, it has horns, but a lot of creatures do. It doesn't have hoofs, claws, random spikes, shiney red skin, glowing eyes, evil grin or fiery breath. So I say: This is no devil, not even a demon.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Korcha: Me like that beast.

Otherwise, how hard is it not to make a attack animation for a christmas ball...? :?
Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Fixed CCS Sprite.

Post by Amethyst »

I fixed the candy cane sword so that the handle is faceing the other way and the other thing is made to look more sword like.

Image.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Here is an update:
I have the attack frames, but I have a bad feeling they won't be able to get applied.
I wanted the monster to hurl snowballs at the player but I don't think its possible on TMW's server at its current state, or am I wrong?
Also; is it possible to just have him facing frontal view (of course his head will turn)?
I don't agree that all monster/boss(s) should have to face every single direction.

Here is a gift item & candy cane weapon icon:
ImageImage
(Thought the old ones needed an update)
Tarm wrote:A christmas event shouldnt have a monster that looks like a devil.
Remember; it was just drawn, so some things may look out of place, like its arm for instance (dislocated shoulder).
BadMrBox wrote:Otherwise, how hard is it not to make a attack animation for a christmas ball...?
If they cannot use my monster, give them yours, heck, give them yours anyway, I wanna see it.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Would be great if you could finish the whole set before friday, Korcha. Icons look great as well btw.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Korcha wrote:Here is an update:
I have the attack frames, but I have a bad feeling they won't be able to get applied.
Awesome, it's pretty cool, I hope you can complete it so we can release it as a Xmas boss and possibly use it later as a miniboss for snow maps.
Korcha wrote: I wanted the monster to hurl snowballs at the player but I don't think its possible on TMW's server at its current state, or am I wrong?
That shouldn't be impossible, but I guess it won't be feasible due to the lack of time before the Xmas release.
Korcha wrote:Also; is it possible to just have him facing frontal view (of course his head will turn)?
I don't agree that all monster/boss(s) should have to face every single direction.
Sure it is, you can make it stay sit and have different attack animations for the 4 directions, or even have only 1 attack animation for all the directions.
Korcha wrote:Here is a gift item & candy cane weapon icon:
ImageImage
(Thought the old ones needed an update)
Very nice indeed, I'm going to add the gift later this evening, about the candy cane weapon icon, it can't be used until the weaponset is complete or we decide to keep the old knife animation for it.
Manaboy
Novice
Novice

hohoho

Post by Manaboy »

ok is not so good but ...
Hello my englich is not so good.

i from german :)

my lvl is 71
and my name is Manaboy in tmw
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Damn, I'm starting to hate myself. It is not looking good for me to finish my piece in time. After the workhours tomorrow, I'm going away to celebrate christmas at some friends place. This'll mean that I probably gonna miss the whole event totally :(. Hopefully I'll get an half hour/hour before they pick me up so I can finish the ball. Damn. I truly don't like myself.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Here is a link to all the items I've made, ready to be implemented:
Pauan's Item sets.

And a link to the christmass tree tileset:
Christmass tree tileset

And lastly, the snow village map with the christmass tree already placed in it:
new_11-1.tmx.gz
helvas
Peon
Peon

Post by helvas »

Quest for that christmas tree: find 50 lamps from lamp snakes for decorate that tree.
Reward: hat looking like a small christmas tree.
Last edited by helvas on 23 Dec 2006, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
D2ARCHER
Novice
Novice

Post by D2ARCHER »

nedd to be a SnowMan that we fight and win santa pierced stockings for trade for cute weapons(SnowBow SnowSword, Male Santa Clothes-Pants, Female Santa Clothes-Pants, and they great and fine boots), like have a NPC "Presents" that u trade 1 pierced stockings and win of the itens...this just a idea
D2ARCHER
7X Lvl Archer And Counting

D2MAXIMOS
XX Lvl AK Hibrid Stopped at moment ^^
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

i would like a mission, or set of missions, that will hand out items based on the difficulty of the quest. Instead of things being handed out at random, have there be something along the lines of:

kill 20 maggots = santa hat
kill 20 red scorpians = candy cane sword
kill 20 snakes = something very good

Not that those monsters have to be used, but the point is that if you do something easy, you get an average item, but if you do something that would be considered much more difficult, you get rewarded more.