weapons concept arts

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

weapons concept arts

Post by i »

svg artwork. someone long time ago renamed my concept sword from dragoner to broad sword.
anyway I could use those vector images to create to nice icons.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

sucks ;D

edit: nah i like it as usually, but that wooden thingies (don't know what it's called) are afaik too small...
Last edited by Matt on 05 Jan 2007, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

as usually :D
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Very Good.
Now we just need to put them ingame :?

btw, Solus Majus It's so perfect to me that I'm starting to think LEG0LAS will retire It's bow and start to use that sword.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
*luna*stella*sol*
Peon
Peon

Post by *luna*stella*sol* »

Solus Majus is my favourite, too. Really nice concept art! :D
What do you say when you see an empty parrot cage? Polygon
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

I like the Bastard Sword. But then hand and a half swords have always been my favorites in rpg games. :)

Am I the only one that doesnt like the two biggest swords? They look to much like manga swords that's so absurdly big and broad that I just cant stop thinking that noone would ever be able to wield them, fantasy or not.

Solus Majus is nice. Although it doesnt quite look like a sword. Sort of a blend of an axe and a spearblade. Make it smaller and I'll like it more.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

well... i got something speciall for every solus majus fans :D
alternative version ^^

It looks a bit like Zangetsu, but I ensure u that is original design ;)
just take a look:

edit:
Zangetsu from Bleach:
I changed my mind, it doesnt look like Zangetsu ;D

edit2:
sample Ragnarok Online chars with solus.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Alternative Version is wonderful too!
Now I don't know which one i liked more. :?
Tarm wrote:Am I the only one that doesnt like the two biggest swords? They look to much like manga swords that's so absurdly big and broad that I just cant stop thinking that noone would ever be able to wield them, fantasy or not.
Them should be two-handded swords. Probably the players who use them will need high stregth.

Tarm wrote:Solus Majus is nice. Although it doesnt quite look like a sword. Sort of a blend of an axe and a spearblade. Make it smaller and I'll like it more.
It really doesn't look like an axe to me. I imagine that sword like an one-handded sword, some kind of very slight and sharp weapon.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Swords

Post by Amethyst »

I really like the sun sword, but it looks a lot like the end of a Halberd from Runescape. I could make a pixelart version of them if you want.

Btw, why not just name the sword Solaris or Supernova?
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

LEGOLAS.

Well the big swords are twohanded. At least that is my impression from the picture and I had that in mind when I made my comment about them being to big and heavy.

The Solus Majus also looks twohanded I think. And by the way what's that middle handle good for? It looks nice but how on earth would you use it?
Maybe when you feel like hanging it on a wall? ;)
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Tarm wrote:The Solus Majus also looks twohanded I think. And by the way what's that middle handle good for? It looks nice but how on earth would you use it?
That middle handle gives the user the option to use It as a twohanded sword, to get powerful atacks.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

LEG0LAS wrote:
Tarm wrote:The Solus Majus also looks twohanded I think. And by the way what's that middle handle good for? It looks nice but how on earth would you use it?
That middle handle gives the user the option to use It as a twohanded sword, to get powerful atacks.

Well you wont have a very long reach if you hold it in the middle handle. ;)
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Tarm wrote:Well you wont have a very long reach if you hold it in the middle handle. ;)
¬¬
if you are talking about cm . . .
ok, you'r rigth. 5cm maybe 10cm less then using It as onehanded.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Instead of thinking about the elemental stuff and other stuff like that that should only be thought about later on (and we'll probably only have dynamical attributes on the equipment items anyway): try to make a few thousand concepts (no, not a joke) of differently shaped blades for different weapon types, out of which we can pick out the coolest? (Or use them all if you keep up your quality level through that marathon.)

If you get bored by repetitive work, start to work on armour that'd match the weaponry and we'll have a multitude of cool stuff to throw at the pixel artists. Content that will be final and permanent. (Equipment is safe to produce since it's unlikely to change over time, unlike stuff like cultural concepts.)

If you get bored by this too, I do know you're well capable of doing the pixellation of your favourite ones too. Once you're done, our conceptual development should've moved further so much that we have the world and other critical stuff conceptualized up to a level we can throw concentrated tiling and mapping tasks to the people in question. (Like yourself.)
This message used to be meaningful.