New Emoticon Set

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Do you prefer Modanung's or mine?

Modanung's!
24%
Pauan's!
76%

Total votes: 21
Pauan
Novice
Novice

New Emoticon Set

Post by Pauan »

It isn't that I hate you Modanung, or I think your emoticons are bad. I actually rather like them. However, I also feel that they are quite large. And by quite I mean an awful lot! Thus, I decided I would take the time to resize them to a more appropriate size. I also added a little chat-bubble under each one, but that can be removed. If you wish to use this set, just go to tmw/data/graphics/sprites and replace the current emotions.png file with this one. :)

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Actually I agree they are too large. Yet I think the size reduction could be done a lot better, and I don't think I'm a fan of the bubbles. Nice work anyway. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Modanung wrote:Actually I agree they are too large. Yet I think the size reduction could be done a lot better, and I don't think I'm a fan of the bubbles. Nice work anyway. :)
They look greeaaat in-game. ;) As said though, the bubbles are optional. Actually, I started work on this far before I started pixeling. With my newfound knowledge, I could create a far better set. :)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

My smilies were the best.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Maybe think bubbles would be more appropiate than speach bubbles because you usually don't say "I am confused" or "I am angry" but you think it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

As far as I know Modanung, he has quite professional approach to his work. So I don't think so if he is going to run after you with an axe because you have modified his work. It is a GPL game after all.

Regards.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Platyna wrote:As far as I know Modanung, he has quite professional approach to his work. So I don't think so if he is going to run after you with an axe because you have modified his work. It is a GPL game after all.

Regards.
Yet even so, I respect the fact that he is indeed the one who created the artwork, and thus has a right to them. No matter what license he puts them under, they are still a part of him. So yes, it is generally good to get permission, even if it is not required. :)

@ Crush: Ah yes! That is a very good idea actually! I shall get to work on that. :)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Duh! It is GPL'd, it means you already have got the permission.

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's an artist thing. You needn't understand that, Platyna.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Crush wrote:That's an artist thing. You needn't understand that, Platyna.
Indeed.

@ Platyna: As said, it is nice to get permission even if it is not necessary. :)