missing sound.h?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Dothmul
Peon
Peon

missing sound.h?

Post by Dothmul »

I just downloaded the souce code for version 007e or something like that (It was the only tarball I could find on the site), installed all of the appropite libs and dependences and such but I keep getting the following error while running make:

Code: Select all

g++ -Wall -march=i686 -O3 -fexpensive-optimizations -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops   -c -o being.o being.cpp
being.cpp: In function `NODE* find_node(unsigned int)':
being.cpp:149: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
g++ -Wall -march=i686 -O3 -fexpensive-optimizations -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops   -c -o game.o game.cpp
game.cpp:30:27: ./Sound/sound.h: No such file or directory
game.cpp:40: error: `TmwSound' does not name a type
game.cpp: In function `void do_init()':
game.cpp:147: error: `sound' undeclared (first use this function)
game.cpp:147: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for eachfunction it appears in.)
game.cpp: In function `void do_input()':
game.cpp:224: error: `sound' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [game.o] Error 1
Please help cuz I want to play!
----
I wish I had a brain...can I borrow yours? I mean its not like you use it at all.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Notice it's trying to include "Sound/sound.h" while it should be "sound/sound.h". This problem was fixed months ago though, please try to use CVS to get the latest source (see Downloads page). The currently needed libraries are SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_image and Guichan.
Dothmul
Peon
Peon

Post by Dothmul »

thats not the problem...Sound/sound.h is correct as the folder is capitalized when I unzipped it. I looked in the sound folder there was no sound.h or sound.cpp in it. also I went to the downloads page and the daily snapshots link wasn't working and the CVS copy past thing wasn't working as well. This was the only tarball I could find on the site.
----
I wish I had a brain...can I borrow yours? I mean its not like you use it at all.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Since you posted here, you're a linux user so getting the latest cvs version shouldn't be hard, just use the command line in the downloads page to get the latest one.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Dothmul wrote:thats not the problem...Sound/sound.h is correct as the folder is capitalized when I unzipped it. I looked in the sound folder there was no sound.h or sound.cpp in it. also I went to the downloads page and the daily snapshots link wasn't working and the CVS copy past thing wasn't working as well. This was the only tarball I could find on the site.
Well that must have been before I got here then, sorry about that. In any case, that code is ancient.