Female playerset revision

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Female playerset revision

Post by Crush »

To make the female playerset more feminine i made a little modification at the legs on the front and back view. I think it changes a lot and it is a quite simple modification that isn't really much work. I just moved both legs one pixel closer to the center and anti aliased the edges:

On a related note: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2115
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Adjusted the pants spritesets:
As you can see i needed a half hour for both. That means 15 minutes extra work for all future pants.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Can you please put the original and the new version next to each other for comparison?

As it looks now, I think it's a great idea.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

As you wish:
  • NOT a game master

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

I must agree with Crush. It looks much better now. Good job.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Yay, female looking like females! Whoooo
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

OK, it's committed.
  • NOT a game master

Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

I think you overdid it. It's hard to say without seeing the animation but the legs looks to close to me.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Tarm wrote:I think you overdid it. It's hard to say without seeing the animation but the legs looks to close to me.
nope, its very good now.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

i wrote:
Tarm wrote:I think you overdid it. It's hard to say without seeing the animation but the legs looks to close to me.
nope, its very good now.

So Crush has changed it?

Why is it that I rarely agree with anyone on the forum nowadays? I dont have that odd idéas. I think...
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

i think they are beautiful ... :oops:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

And I think maybe the standing pose should be kept the same. Females make their steps more in a straight line, but I don't think they stand with their feet squeezed together.
Not sure though.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Modanung wrote:And I think maybe the standing pose should be kept the same. Females make their steps more in a straight line, but I don't think they stand with their feet squeezed together.
Not sure though.

Now we generalize a bit to much. Granted it's allowed in games.
Yes women have their feets closer but not that much and not all of them by a long shot.
I've seen women walk like men with their shoulders and men with their hips like women. No puns please, you know what I mean.
Women generaly walk with their hips and their legs closer together but not to the extent of Crush pictures. It looks like the model does that walk where you walk with your feet on a straight line so that you have to swing wide of the front leg with the other and then place it on the line.
But as said I could be wrong. Have to see the animation first. It's easy to get the wrong impression by pictures taken from an animation.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Tarm wrote:
Modanung wrote:And I think maybe the standing pose should be kept the same. Females make their steps more in a straight line, but I don't think they stand with their feet squeezed together.
Not sure though.

Now we generalize a bit to much. Granted it's allowed in games.
Yes women have their feets closer but not that much and not all of them by a long shot.
I've seen women walk like men with their shoulders and men with their hips like women. No puns please, you know what I mean.
Women generaly walk with their hips and their legs closer together but not to the extent of Crush pictures. It looks like the model does that walk where you walk with your feet on a straight line so that you have to swing wide of the front leg with the other and then place it on the line.
But as said I could be wrong. Have to see the animation first. It's easy to get the wrong impression by pictures taken from an animation.
I think what Crush did is great.. Like i said somewhere before, we don't play on reality here :wink:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The point is not to have things as realistic as possible, but to have them as immediately recognizable as possible without excersizing so much that it is offensive. I think we've not gone (too) wrong on this along the way.
This message used to be meaningful.