Axl & Eman Art Dump

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

AxlTrozz wrote:Now i have what i call a "sacrifice chamber" but can be anything else

Eman is busy with real life now, but he is thinking on create some music for the game.
Aha! Looking awfully good! The floor tiles need work, of course, but the columns and roof is looking quite good! I am impressed at how rapidly you are progressing on this. It will be very good when it is finished!

As for the labyrinth idea, I approve of it, but we will need the tiles. As Yosuhara has said, that is more of a problem for mappers than pixel artists, yet I do not see how it could hurt if you added some variances in your tiles. Indeed, different atmospheres within the temple while retaining the same feeling will be a tricky but necessary challenge to fulfill.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The floor texture of the platform looks good. But is it tileable?
i want to create a "labyrinth" wich can connect all the chambers, very claustrophobic and hard to find exits that could add more difficulty to the game, what do you think ?
That's about the same i had in mind.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

concept snake statue head

Is this anything like what you envisioned?
Last edited by Len on 06 Feb 2007, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

they are great!

The first one like me the most, but you have to change the perspective, 45 deg. from top also it would be great to see if you can add half body to the head ending like entering the wall, i did an ugly version of what i have in mind, i don't have scanner on hand so...

Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

AxlTrozz wrote:they are great!

The first one like me the most, but you have to change the perspective, 45 deg. from top also it would be great to see if you can add half body to the head ending like entering the wall, i did an ugly version of what i have in mind, i don't have scanner on hand so...

should not be to much of a problem....(not sure if 45 deg. will work with your walls, but ill try it various ways)

(time for some CC) many games create the illusion of depth by making the bottom wall tiles darker and smaller than the top ones.

for example

Last edited by Len on 07 Feb 2007, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Len, I agree on the light/dark way of adding depth. But we decided not to use the large/small thingy. TMW is in a orthogonal projection in all directions.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Modanung wrote:Len, I agree on the light/dark way of adding depth. But we decided not to use the large/small thingy. TMW is in a orthogonal projection in all directions.
agreed...

i say just add a little bit of this lighting effect to the top tiles (not necessarily the lights themselves)

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I created this hanging lamp may be we can use it in one of the "temple chambers...Image
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

AxlTrozz wrote:I created this hanging lamp may be we can use it in one of the "temple chambers...Image
Aha! Not too bad! Not bad at all. I dare say the perspective is off, however. You could fix it rather easily by moving the "leg" closest to us down about 3-6 pixels or so. That should fix the perspective issue.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

and 10 pixels later...Image
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

very rough collection of concepts :cry:
I'm ashamed of myself
Last edited by Len on 07 Feb 2007, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

AxlTrozz wrote:and 10 pixels later...Image
Yes, it is better, but I was referring to moving the BOTTOM of the "leg" as well, not just the top. :wink:
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Len wrote:Image
very rough collection of concepts :cry:
I'm ashamed of myself
It is good, however it does not fit in very well with the style of the rest of the work. Try messing around with the hue and saturation. :)
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

much nicer thank you
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

You are quite welcome! And indeed it is looking far better. Your next step would be to blend it into the wall tiles better. For indeed it looks like it was merely stuck on top.

EDIT: A thought just hit me! Why not make the snake into a mini-boss or enemy? It would be fascinating to see it writhing inside the wall trying to bite players as they walk by. :)