What's settled - What's open to discussion.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

zox
Peon
Peon

What's settled - What's open to discussion.

Post by zox »

Although I've read the wiki pages that seemed applicable, it's still not clear to me where this project is going.
(And I don't know what "like [insert product here]" amounts to.)

Here's a quick example:
. . Can we assume that current base sprites and tile sizes are going to be around long enough to bother producing more graphics for?
(I think so, but someone could be rewriting the engine for all I know.)

A more important matter:
. . Games like this invariably follow the same underlying model - one about which I have opinions and alternative ideas.
Proposals I have seen are mainly extension of the existing mechanism into more stats and slots.

Are the devs and community already content with this model?

I don't wish to make contributions that are ultimately unwelcome or irrelevant.

One project that I recall making its direction and principles very clear to everyone was "Battle for Wesnoth".
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We're in the process of cleaning up and defining things on that scale now that the technical side of the project has progressed far enough that it'll actually make sense.

Feel free to help.
This message used to be meaningful.