Melee or Archer ?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Melee or Archer ?

Post by AxlTrozz »

If you noticed almost all the char are archers there is no sword warriors (well only at the beginning when you have no choice) , and i think is because the exp points are no enough for a melee warior, to test my theory i created a new char and try from the beginning to be strong enough to survive but even with a lvl 40 warrior using sword a green slim can kill me in a couple of hits,when the same level archer warrior can kill almost any monster, so... i suggest... to give more damage points to the short sword (well at least until a new and better sword appears) so a melee warrior can have better chances and that would motivate more players to be sword warriors.
The Judge
Novice
Novice

Post by The Judge »

I object to your claim there are no swordsman. My character Gabranth is a decent swordsman. Though I can't take snakes with a sword yet...

But yeah the game is slated toward archers. However, I'm not too sure if raising the atk on the short sword is the answer, rather some higher defense items would be nice. Such items are being made. The problem with a swordsman isn't the lack of atk, its the fact that they have to be up close and personal with the mobs, and take more damage. Imho perhaps some stat adjustments should be made to the mobs in lieu of the lack of soulless characters. Or perhaps implement a shield that can only be equipped with a sword. Might as well play around with it now in the pre-alpha stage. Anyway. Yeah.
Gabranth in game.
Get ready for chafing, here come the Chainpants!
Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Post by Amethyst »

a better idea would be to make stat upgrades for knights cheaper.
CurtisMJun
Novice
Novice

Post by CurtisMJun »

Another problem is with an archer you can be killing many monsters at a time at a distance, increasing the speed of lvling, but with an archer you can basically only be killing one at a time up very close.
CurtisJ in-game
lvl 69 archer and increasing :)
Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Post by Amethyst »

CurtisMJun wrote:Another problem is with an archer you can be killing many monsters at a time at a distance, increasing the speed of lvling, but with an archer you can basically only be killing one at a time up very close.
An autoer's paradise.
rtoot3
Peon
Peon

swordsman

Post by rtoot3 »

The Judge wrote:I object to your claim there are no swordsman. My character Gabranth is a decent swordsman. Though I can't take snakes with a sword yet...
are you seriously lvl 63? because I'm only 35, and i can take on tons of snakes with my sword.
beware the power of teh chicken. ~:>

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Cave snakes or desert snakes?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Crush wrote:Cave snakes or desert snakes?
lol, impossible to get tons of desert snakes in lvl 35, even being archer. :wink:
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
rtoot3
Peon
Peon

oops

Post by rtoot3 »

sorry :oops: i was thinking of cave snakes
beware the power of teh chicken. ~:>