Enhancements suggestion list

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bertram25

Enhancements suggestion list

Post by Bertram25 »

Hi there ! here are some things I'd like you guys to think about...

- There should be a beginner's house where all new characters begin, and where the NPC would give them tips about the game, and its features...
- A player should not reappear where he/she was when disconnecting since players are quite always weak in dungeon or far from a village. Maybe he should reappear in the beginner's house, or to fixed places where he could buy items, heal himself before going back to battle. (Of course, when we'll have dungeons and places far away from amzeroth !)
- Maybe we should create what we call save points (which are the fixed places where players can reappear) and create a sprite for it.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I think building in an introductuary quest for new players is a good idea, where he would be send around to several people which explain different aspects of the game, and maybe ask for small favors.

Actually I think players should reappear where they disconnected, and only be automatically taken to a friendly area (or save point) when they die. There are two reasons for disconnecting. One is accidental, and when you then reconnect you'll want to continue where you left off, probably rejoining the rest of your team. The other is on purpose when you plan to stop playing, in which case it would be wise to leave any hostile area before disconnecting.

Also when reconnecting would get you to a safe area, this could be quite a handy life safer when you're nearly dead. And not one I agree to have.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Newbie Quest!

Post by Bear »

im on it ^ ^, but i cant realy make it until i get a good feel of the game, when its up and running with most everything finished -_-
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Bertram, I agree with Bjorn also because people could disconnect when in danger and restart in a friendly area without loosing nothing and that's not fair according to me.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Elven Programmer wrote:Bertram, I agree with Bjorn also because people could disconnect when in danger and restart in a friendly area without loosing nothing and that's not fair according to me.
That reminds me of Mr. Resetti from animal crossing.

Maybe we should put in a logout timer, like in FFXI.
In FFXI, the player has to wait 30 seconds before logging out. If he takes damage or fights in those 30 seconds, the logout cancels and he has to retry.

That being said, if someone is willing to pull the plug on their connection to save their life, I say just let them have it. No one likes losing lives over a freak enemy spawn, and if they care that much we should be sympathetic.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I just noted this in another thread. Actually if somebody just pulls the plug, the server will just have to wait 30 seconds before timing him out, that'll finish him. I think 30 is long though, 15 would already be enough I think.