Music Development ?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Music Development ?

Post by AxlTrozz »

Eman is creating music for the game, i convinced him to work in the "Temple Music" :wink: but there is no Music Development in the Forum Index (they treat it like Graphics Development but is not the same thing and is as important as Graphics), so i would suggest to the Administrators to create "Music Development" in the main forum index, that would be even motivate more people contributing in that matter.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I bet we will create such forums when we finally have active music development. Till then - post on General Development please.

Regards.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Rotonen wrote:
Rotonen wrote:My view on music:

1) We need a composer.
2) We need to have a theme composed for each area.
3) We need to have arrangements between themes made. (For smooth musical transition between areas.)
4) We need special (as in random) themes for special places.
5) We need transition arrangements for the surroundings of special places.
6) We need to record and produce the music that will end up in the game. (The actual bands/music do not come into play before this. Before this it can be raw and ugly midi and mockups.)

So far no composer has been enthusiastic enough about actually starting to work. Some work has been done every now and then, but people have just mysteriously vanished. A concentrated group effort would really start to drive this forward. First we'd need to have a proper and defined world, though. A concentrated group effort would really drive this one forward too.

About bands: I've been warming up our university bands (we have one great big band for example) to the idea of possibly recording game music in the future and they've been more than enthusiastic. I doubt we'll get into this point until late 2007, though.
Back then I was optimistic. Probably late 2010.
Also an alternate approach would be to compose a "theme of the world" and then derive all the regional themes from it.
This message used to be meaningful.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

We want to create:

1. Transition Music for Desert-to-Temple approach
2. Main Melody for Temple
3. Variant Main Melody for Labyrinth

Right Now he's working on 2. and we already have an idea for 1. i think we can post it in "General Development" during the weekend.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Very good. We all are awaiting impatiently (I am being serious here).

Regards.
Eman
Peon
Peon

Post by Eman »

For those of you who haven't heard my Temple theme, let me direct you to this thread: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2423
[3man in game]