interesting thought

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Amethyst
Novice
Novice

interesting thought

Post by Amethyst »

To make the continents accurate won't we need light sources coming from different directions for each one?
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

your over thinking this
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

sixpointnine wrote:To make the continents accurate won't we need light sources coming from different directions for each one?
no, we don't.

To be accurate we would need different light directions at different daytimes. But that would be too much work. So we are using an uniform light direction through the whole game to ensure tile reuseability.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.