Abandoned Semi-Nomad Settlement

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Abandoned Semi-Nomad Settlement

Post by AxlTrozz »

we need tents, tools, hunting implements, clothes(laying in the floor or hanged) and others.

Per Dabe request we would need some of this items, so to have something to start with,

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Irukard: if you are asking if the settlement is dead, yes.

Ruins of a expired nomad community, may be they moved, maybe they suffer an attack from a tribe or just depleted all their food, in any case there are a lot of stuff they leave behind, we pretend to stamp the way they lived, their costumes, what they eat, what they use to survive, how did they protect themselves from nature (hostile desert), sandals, pots, weapons anything.
may be bones of an animal, maybe human, may be not, just figure out the picture and post any contribution.
zox
Peon
Peon

Post by zox »

Well, it has to be coherent so a few questions need to be answered (maybe this has already been thrashed out on IRC).

Is it terrain enhancement only, or are PCs supposed to be able to interact with it to some extent?
A crawl-sized door is okay for a nomadic dwelling, but yours is even smaller, so I guess there's no inside.

Depending on what it's for, the rest might not be important.

They are/were nomads. They abandon their settlements regularly.
Your pic shows a large covering of connected skins.
They wouldn't leave that behind if they were just moving to a new location for any normal reason like a food shortage.
(Maybe a very old or damaged one would be left, but not all of them)
They must have had some sudden emergency to leave so much behind.

Were they mainly herders (of what?), or hunters?
Did they travel between towns as performers, beggars, healers, merchants, mercenaries?

It's a bit difficult to know what is really needed with so many important facts about Mana World undecided.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I guess iru wanted to express that he does not approve.

zox, instead of bashing the current situation, contact Dabe and be useful.
This message used to be meaningful.
zox
Peon
Peon

Post by zox »

Rotonen wrote:zox, instead of bashing the current situation, contact Dabe and be useful.
I'm pretty sure you have missed the point of my questions.
I would have preferred them answered.

In attempting to be helpful, I realised that I didn't understand what was wanted well enough to proceed.
I find these kinds of details helpful, and I regard working towards clarity and agreement on goals to be a useful contribution.
It seemed more reasonable to do this in the forum thread created for it than by PMing Dabe, when Axl appears to be taking care this aspect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit - after continuing to stress about it for a long time]

I'm taking the easy way out and abandoning this thread.
I can't endure this sort of thing right now.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

We are talking about GRAPHICS here. We are not talking about skill, systems, what should be in game etc. GRAPHICS - that's the subject of the discussion here.

Regards.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

my try