TMW 0.0.22.2 for Mac OSX

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

TMW 0.0.22.2 for Mac OSX

Post by trapdoor »

I have put up some instructions for compiling the latest tmw 0.0.22.2 with Xcode at http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... sing_Xcode

I also have a test universal .app (inside the dmg) here

Let me know if theres any problems.

Edit: Updated 19/02/07 - Fixed data issue.

--
trapdoor
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

i downloaded your .dmg 2/22/07, and when i click on tmw022, nothing happens. so my next step is to run it from the command line, and this is what i get:

Code: Select all

drwahllappy:~/Desktop drwahl$ ./tmw022.app/Contents/MacOS/tmw022 
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/garfield/Library/Frameworks/guichan.framework/Versions/A/guichan
  Referenced from: /Users/drwahl/Desktop/./tmw022.app/Contents/MacOS/tmw022
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
is this something missing in your package? or something that i am doing wrong?
Galerian
Peon
Peon

Post by Galerian »

I have this error too.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

I have updated the dmg, please delete the previous .app and .dmg and redownload this new version which is 6.9MB. I have fixed the problem.

--
trapdoor
Lafaboune
Peon
Peon

Post by Lafaboune »

trapdoor wrote:I have updated the dmg, please delete the previous .app and .dmg and redownload this new version which is 6.9MB. I have fixed the problem.

--
trapdoor
Tks trapdoor, but I got this error :

It's present in The Mana World 0.0.22.2/data/graphics/gui/ folder

:?
Mac Pro 1,1 2.66 Quadro upgraded 2,1 3.0 GHz Octo, 24 GB, MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2 GB OC,
SSD Crucial M4 256 GB on a OWC Multi-Mount®, 20 TB int. HD, 3.5 TB ext. HD, NEC ND-3540A • 10.9.5/XP SP3
iPod 4G 40 GB
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

I am unable to reproduce this error, I have tried every way I know to launch the executable, I tried using command line (open and ./tmw022 from various different paths) and finder, all of which run fine every time.

Is there anything in the .log file perhaps that could shed some light on the error.

--
trapdoor
Lafaboune
Peon
Peon

Post by Lafaboune »

trapdoor wrote:Is there anything in the .log file perhaps that could shed some light on the error.
I don't see anything useful, but in any case, here is the entire log.file :arrow: TMWerrorimage.zip
Mac Pro 1,1 2.66 Quadro upgraded 2,1 3.0 GHz Octo, 24 GB, MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2 GB OC,
SSD Crucial M4 256 GB on a OWC Multi-Mount®, 20 TB int. HD, 3.5 TB ext. HD, NEC ND-3540A • 10.9.5/XP SP3
iPod 4G 40 GB
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

The log doesn't seem to match the error screen.

The only error I see in the log is:

[15:08:05] Network::Connecting to animesites.de:6901
[15:08:05] Error in SDLNet_TCP_Open(): Couldn't connect to remote host

Which is caused by the fact you tried connecting to the old server, and not the new one at server.themanaworld.org

Try connecting to the new server and see if you still get the error.

The font isn't even mentioned in the whole log.

--
trapdoor
Lafaboune
Peon
Peon

Post by Lafaboune »

trapdoor wrote:Try connecting to the new server and see if you still get the error.

The font isn't even mentioned in the whole log.
Same error.

PS : When I use The Mana World 0.0.20, I am able to connect to the new server, but it seems my account does not exist anymore.
Are we able to import old character, or is it something like a reset ?
iPod 4G 40 GB
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A while ago we wiped all accounts that didn't login for some months. We had to do this because eAthena can't handle so many accounts and the login became extremely slow.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Lafaboune
Peon
Peon

Post by Lafaboune »

Crush wrote:A while ago we wiped all accounts that didn't login for some months. We had to do this because eAthena can't handle so many accounts and the login became extremely slow.
Argh :( Well time to start from scratch then ;) Tks for the info Crush
iPod 4G 40 GB
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

How are you trying to run the game?

Did you mount the dmg and drop and drag the .app into /Applications and then run it from there?

I can only think this can be a permissions problem, try putting it into your home directory (Usually /Users/[username])

If this doesnt work, I can't really help unless you know of a way to replicate the error, or are willing to run a debug version which you can run through gdb.

--
trapdoor
Lafaboune
Peon
Peon

Post by Lafaboune »

trapdoor wrote:How are you trying to run the game?

Did you mount the dmg and drop and drag the .app into /Applications and then run it from there?
Originally, I ran games from a different volume of the boot one :

/Volumes/SOS/JEUX/ Free-Sharewares/The Mana World 0.0.22.2/tmw022.app

Even into Applications folder (with main folder changed name) it fails to launch.
/Applications/TMW/tmw022.app
trapdoor wrote:I can only think this can be a permissions problem, try putting it into your home directory (Usually /Users/[username])
I ran BatChmod 1.37 (gives all right/permissions to its content) onto TMW folder, and same error.
trapdoor wrote:If this doesnt work, I can't really help unless you know of a way to replicate the error, or are willing to run a debug version which you can run through gdb.
Sure if you tell me where to get it, and not too much Image :P
iPod 4G 40 GB
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

I have put up a debug version here

Run it through gdb and let me know what gdb comes up with here, including a backtrace if necessary.

--
trapdoor
Lafaboune
Peon
Peon

Post by Lafaboune »

trapdoor wrote:I have put up a debug version here

Run it through gdb and let me know what gdb comes up with here, including a backtrace if necessary.
Tks , but I think my knowledge is by far not enough for this kind of thing, I didn't know gdb term and what I read here is chinese for me, even french tutorial ;) :
Prerequisites

C/C++ knowledge (you need to be able to code to have something to gdb..)
Comfort with the command line
Grab the hello code, and run make on it. This will work on the prime system, and most other systems. Make sure you grab all four files in this directory. This code is also available directly on prime in the course's code-egs directory.
Prerequisites I don't have, and I don't want you to take too much time with me ;).

PS : Now I have this error with The Mana World 0.0.20, all updates downloaded in updates folder :? I moved all files in correspondant folder, hope it has to be done :roll:

iPod 4G 40 GB