Plate armor

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Plate armor

Post by Crush »

After all the programming i did in the last weeks i felt like pixeling again. And the art development, especially the equipment development (hint! hint!) could need a little boost anyway. So i decided to take a frequent player wish and create an armor you can call one.

Last edited by Crush on 31 Mar 2007, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Female version:
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Looks great. The dark line between the arms and the body on the male version look a little, outliney.
Can't wait to see it in all directions.
-Cosmostrator
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Cosmostrator wrote:Looks great. The dark line between the arms and the body on the male version look a little, outliney.
-Cosmostrator
I'd have to agree, but it isn't black and doesn't look bad. One thing though Crush: If this is metal armor, the breasts won't sway like that. I mean, on a shirt they will because it's flexible material, but on metal armor the metal is solid, so it won't be moving in that manner. Sway would be fine, just remember that the sway is caused by the torso swinging from side to side, not the breasts. As such the male armor should include a slight sway as well.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Side view:

Back view (unisex):

Now for the real tough one - the attack animation.
  • NOT a game master

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Pauan wrote:
Cosmostrator wrote:Looks great. The dark line between the arms and the body on the male version look a little, outliney.
-Cosmostrator
I'd have to agree, but it isn't black and doesn't look bad. One thing though Crush: If this is metal armor, the breasts won't sway like that. I mean, on a shirt they will because it's flexible material, but on metal armor the metal is solid, so it won't be moving in that manner. Sway would be fine, just remember that the sway is caused by the torso swinging from side to side, not the breasts. As such the male armor should include a slight sway as well.
yeah, it looks too static... but again hell of a good work Crush!
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

yosuhara wrote:
Pauan wrote:
-Cosmostrator
yeah, it looks too static... but again hell of a good work Crush!
More static on the female, less on the male. :wink: Oh, and I'll end up touching up the back view, unless you wanted 100% rigid and straight armor. But if you got armor that already supports female breasts, why not one that molds to the player's back? :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Attack animation:
ImageImage
  • NOT a game master

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Finally I completed the male version:

The female version won't take much longer as the hardest part - the shoulderpads - can be copied.
  • NOT a game master

BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Great work Crush :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sorry for the long delay but as the only developer who seems to got freetime and motivation at the moment (*hint*hint*) I am working at all corners of the project and lost the overview. So this fell behind. But now it is finished:
  • NOT a game master

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Vat aa zees "heentz" yo keep drapping? :wink:

I'm still on vacation for approximately a week. I'm cutting it short thanks to the implementation of DSL at my location... :)

P.S. Any... animated forms for us peons who don't want to spent 1 hour pasting these into a .gif file? :wink:
coogiez
Peon
Peon

Post by coogiez »

wicked!

but mabye you should put the breast line or something on the male top, not pushed out or anthing, just to get rid of that beer gut lookalike when you look side on lol

but yeah

wicked! :D
Question:

Imagine a square room, with a compas on a table in the senter of the room.
If one person looks from the east towards the table to see an apple, and the other looks from the south to see two, who is right?