TMWServ Development Report March 2007

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TMWServ Development Report March 2007

Post by Crush »

To make the development of the new server more transparent to the community I will from now on post monthly reports about the progress of the new client/server combination.

So this is what we got done in march:

Avaniel took care of a lot of inter-server communication stuff like communicating the character attributes between gameserver and database server and transfering characters between different gameservers. He also improved the compatiblity with macintosh systems a lot.

In the meantime Trapdoor created a functional chat channel system. It is now possible to create, enter and leave global chat channels to talk with other players anywhere in the game world. Currently he is working at the guild system so that you will be able to make your inofficial guilds official as soon as the new server goes online.

I finally implemented basic attacking and damage calculation. Monsters and players can now be hit, damaged and killed. I also created the basic infrastructure for attribute handling and communication of attributes between gameserver and client.

Wrapping it all up I would say that this was a very productive month for TMWServ. We got a lot of crucial things done. I hope that we can keep the good teamwork up.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Great progress guys. It's good to hear that so much is getting done. I guess the message boards have been slow cause you all are busy programing :P
I can't wait until an official super pre alpha version .00000001 server goes up so us non-programmers can test it out.
Keep up the good work-
-Cosmostrator
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Cosmostrator wrote:e alpha version .00000001 server goes up so us non-programmers can test it out.
Well that would be the server http://www.lindeijer.nl and your lastest svn trunk client build ;)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Actually I think we count as alpha the moment the new server is usable in some fashion (as in version 0.1.0 comes out).
This message used to be meaningful.