Acentuation problem in XML files ...

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Acentuation problem in XML files ...

Post by strikerbcb »

Hello, when i changed a mob name, or itens names or descriptions in xml files with accents ( ç, ê, é, ó, etc ), i give a error when i start the client "error parsing xml file"

It´s possible i use accents with the XML files or it´s incompatible ?

Thanks.
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

the current font set does not include anything that is not commonly used in the english language, though, to include other characters, you would simply need to make an image for them. there is a font file available to view somewhere. check the wiki and other threads.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The xml file still won't be able to parsed with a modified image...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Make sure that the xml file is saved in UTF-8 encoding format when it includes any non-ASCII characters. Not ANSI, ISO-8859-something, Windows-something or any other special character encoding format. This should be a setting in your text editor. Then the xml parser will be able to read it. Special characters not in the bitmap fonts will appear as rectangles, though.

By the way: Why do all Brazilians write the word "items" with n?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

i make a modificated image font with all characters, and works fine with the interface text and the game texts itself, but in xml files not work, and yes, i use a xml editor ( xml wordpad 2007 ), the UTF-8 permit names with the acentuation (ç,é, ó, etc )? if no, why not change this for the other format to permit latin characters too ?

I think the brazilians is a good number of users of tmw, and permit them to talk with your language it´s a good thing. This is i think ... and permit to create mobs and items with some special characters.

ps. : it´s my fault ... :( i write this very fastest.

the word 'items' in portuguese is 'ITENS' and the 'item' word is 'ITEM', it´s change in plural.

If possible post here some way to fix this problem.

many thanks
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

I had a look at it, even including those characters in the bitmap font still caused rectangles to appear.
Currently the global font for tmw is 'sansserif8.png'. This lacks the characters your wanting. If you have a modified image font I'd be happy to test it if you upload the file to the corresponding issue.

p.s. You will have to signup if you haven't already to upload the file.

see http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=89
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

http://www.myspace.com/Langerz
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We should move to some truetype full utf-8 solution at some point.
This message used to be meaningful.