tmwserver maps

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

donkyhotay
Peon
Peon

tmwserver maps

Post by donkyhotay »

I downloaded and compiled the tmwserver in order to play with the code however I am unable to test it due to the fact there are no maps, items, monsters, etc. As far as I can tell from the wiki while the source code will be given out all of the maps for the mana world won't be released. While I can understand this I think there should be a small set of maps available for people to use for testing/learning purposes. If there already are maps available for download and I just missed them I apologize in advance and would appreciate a link.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

lol i wonder what wiki told you that
donkyhotay
Peon
Peon

Post by donkyhotay »

I must be thinking of another open-source MMOG but I could have sworn I saw that mentioned in here somewhere though admittedly I can't find it anymore so I guess I'm wrong. I did find maps located here:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/the ... runk/data/
for the eAthena server and was wondering if they are compatible with the new server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No, the eAthena .wlk files aren't supported by the new server. The server uses the same map format as the client does. This makes the maintainability and administration a lot easier.

So you can just copy the maps directory from the client into the data directory of the server so that the server finds the maps in /data/maps. Also note the file maps.xml in the servers data directory. It tells the server what maps to load.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
donkyhotay
Peon
Peon

Post by donkyhotay »

thanks for the info, I'll try it out when I get a chance.