cave and other additions (Yosuhara)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Buf if you walk over it its broken then :/
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I don't think so if anyone would like to destroy nice, glowing, psychodelic mushroom, unless they are working for DEA, but we don't like feds, do we?

Regards.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Platyna wrote:I don't think so if anyone would like to destroy nice, glowing, psychodelic mushroom, unless they are working for DEA, but we don't like feds, do we?

Regards.
/me loves Platyna :D
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

well, i tried to make some stalagmites for the cave, but failed miserably ending up with something like alien poo :) (i will try to tweak up the colours, actual colours are a little experiment)

edit: eh, transparency...
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yosuhara wrote:Image
It doesn't look that bad. But you should use the same color palette as the rest of the tileset you are making it for. Otherwise it won't blend in.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tarrei
Peon
Peon

Post by Tarrei »

I changed the colors in photoshop, so how do like this one:
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Brighter. See the picture.

Regards.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Well, how bright it should be really depends on the surroundings. Can we see it against a mockup cave background, like the mushroom?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It should be brighter. And about mushrooms...mushroom do not pops out from the earth in 10 seconds...so maybe Youshara could do various phases of mushroom growth?

Regards.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Platyna wrote:It should be brighter. And about mushrooms...mushroom do not pops out from the earth in 10 seconds...so maybe Youshara could do various phases of mushroom growth?

Regards.
good point
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Platyna wrote:It should be brighter.
I think what you mean is less saturated.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarrei
Peon
Peon

Post by Tarrei »

It took me 30 sec. to make this: Image still less saturation?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Put it on a screenshot of the tileset where it is supposed to be:
And you realize that it doesn't fit in. You could of course play around with color correction tools, but it is unlikely that you will find the correct colors. The only way is to pick colors from the tileset and replace the colors one by one:
The next thing that doesn't fit in is the outline (map objects shouldn't have outlines. only sprites should)

here the end product:

Yosuhara: When you start your own tileset you can create your own color palette. But as long as you create additions for other peoples tilesets you should try to use only colors taken from this tileset whenever possible.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:Put it on a screenshot of the tileset where it is supposed to be:

And you realize that it doesn't fit in. You could of course play around with color correction tools, but it is unlikely that you will find the correct colors. The only way is to pick colors from the tileset and replace the colors one by one:
The next thing that doesn't fit in is the outline (map objects shouldn't have outlines. only sprites should)

Yosuhara: When you start your own tileset you can create your own color palette. But as long as you create additions for other peoples tilesets you should try to use only colors taken from this tileset whenever possible.
acknowledged... :)