Pirate'sPixel art Thread!

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pirate
Peon
Peon

Pirate'sPixel art Thread!

Post by Pirate »

*Please Sticky this*
Hello! I was playing Mana World maybe a year back and just recently came back to the game! I'm a decently skilled pixel artist adnd would love to help TMW developer faster because I know this will be a great game.

To start off my thread, the next step for TMW Armors: Metals

I made these in about 10 minutes, it takes so long because I'm new to this type of shading, but I did a decent job.
With the plate legs, I gave them some texture, because I don't like things being just bold. For the Steel Crown, I gave it a good lighting effect to make it seem shiny and fit.
There is also Metal Boots on which I have made with an "elvish" tip.
I plan on making a steel plate adjustment, gauntlets, and some other armor sets, but I won't be able to animate.

You may use my armors and other pixelated projects I do to modify them for the better, but do not take credit for them if you do, please.
•SkateAndDestroy•
Pirate
Peon
Peon

Post by Pirate »

I made a Chest Plate and iron gauntlets to go along with the metal set, in the picture, player is wearing full plate armor with crown, gauntlets, and boots.

Open to suggestive crticism
•SkateAndDestroy•
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's really great. TMW could really need some more equipment sprites. I can't wait to see the other animation phases of your armor.

There are just two things you should maybe try to fix: The arms look a bit stiff and the upper breast plates look a bit strange. But I am sure you can fix that.

For organisational reasons I would ask you to open an individual thread for every single project you work on instead of posting everything in one thread.
Last edited by Crush on 13 May 2007, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pirate
Peon
Peon

Post by Pirate »

Thanks, I think it's pretty good seeing as how it's some of the first type of pixel art I've done with this type of shading. I'm not really one for animating, seeing as how I have no software to do so with >.<
And possibly, could I just put all my pixel art in the frist post of my thread?
•SkateAndDestroy•
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, when you want your equipment sprites to be used in the game you have to create them for all 72 animation phases for male and female (sounds like more work than it really is as you can copy&paste a lot)
Also see http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... evelopment
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pirate
Peon
Peon

Post by Pirate »

I looked at the wiki for a while and couldn't find the sheet for helmets.

Also, why not use that snake armor? It looks complete ..

I'll try my best to make an animated sheet if there's a 100% chance it will be put into game.
•SkateAndDestroy•
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We planed to release a complete snake armor set including armor, helmet and pants. But unfortunately the one who made it lost interest in tmw before he completed everything. So the project was forgotten.

The male armor spriteset is indeed complete, but the female version of it is missing. So we can't release it.
  • NOT a game master

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

The crown looks like Borg implants, maybe it could be more like crown? You know...spiky. However, rest of the armor looks very nice.

Regards.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Pirate wrote:I looked at the wiki for a while and couldn't find the sheet for helmets.

Also, why not use that snake armor? It looks complete ..

I'll try my best to make an animated sheet if there's a 100% chance it will be put into game.
For the hats.... your best bet is to just copy an existing piece. You already have all the sprites, so just use one of them as a template. We need five frames for the hat: up, down, left, right, and dead. The actual animation itself is handled via simple scripting, so we don't need a huge amount of frames. Welcome aboard, and I hope you stick around the IRC channel, which I am often in. :)

Also, there's never a 100% chance. However, I can guarantee you that if it is good, it will get in. Whether we use it or not is irrelevant really. It'll be in there, and one day, if somebody needs it, they can nab it and use it. So I wouldn't worry about that. :wink:
Pirate
Peon
Peon

Post by Pirate »

Thanks, summer is right around the corner and I out of scholl, so definitley plan on making more armors and items. See you guys around
•SkateAndDestroy•