Anyone want to take over the Woodland Village Interior

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Anyone want to take over the Woodland Village Interior

Post by Crush »

Because I am currently focusing on server programming for tmw I don't have time anymore for finishing the woodland village indoor tileset. Maybe there is someone else here who wants to take the project over?

Here is my current todo list, but when someone takes over the job he/she is of course free to change priorities:

-Chest
-Lying Barrel
-Bar background
-Kitchen workplace
-Blacksmith workbench
-Bow and arrow racks (for archery shop)
-Hunting trophys at walls
-Lots of small stuff to put on tables, counters or shelfs

Here are the source files:
http://www.crushnet.org/TempFiles/Woodl ... indoor.xcf
http://www.crushnet.org/TempFiles/woodl ... oor_x3.xcf
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

I'll add it to my list of things to do. :)
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

same here, i'll take some of the needed stuff
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

I'll take a look. First I have to finish mine concreete walls tileset. Then dried river and rest of desert tiles.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

i already did some things, so I'll continue...
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Hrm, looks like we got several people working on the same project at once... :wink:

Proposal: Since Irukard is busy, and Yosuhara has already started a little bit, I'd say to let him work on it. If he decides to not finish it completely, AxlTrozz can pick up on the rest. If Irukard happens to finish with alllll those massive projects first, then we'll have to find a new plan. :)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Why should one person work on it? Just divide the job and work toghether. If it is a village, I suppose there will be several things to do.

Regards.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Platyna wrote:Why should one person work on it? Just divide the job and work toghether. If it is a village, I suppose there will be several things to do.

Regards.
I agree with Platyna, i was thinking on work just a barrel and some things laying in the floor, maybe some variations of the floor but not the whole tilemap, so i think thats going to be my personal auto-assignment :wink:
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

First contribution, wood barrel with metal holders

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When too many people are working on it i am afraid the style consistency might suffer. This barrel, for example, would look fine in an own tileset, but it just doesn't work in this tileset because it has a completely different style.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Pauan wrote:Hrm, looks like we got several people working on the same project at once... :wink:

Proposal: .... Yosuhara has already started a little bit, I'd say to let him work on it. If he decides to not finish it completely, AxlTrozz can pick up on the rest. :)
Ok I'll be pending then, as Crush said may be is better just one pixelartist take the task.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Crush wrote:When too many people are working on it i am afraid the style consistency might suffer. This barrel, for example, would look fine in an own tileset, but it just doesn't work in this tileset because it has a completely different style.
Not to mention, it would be far easier to have one person working on it, rather than have several people work on it and then organize the effort. Far more efficient and less time-consuming to have each person work on a single task. In addition, we can cover more ground faster that way. So in general it is a good idea to delegate one task per person. If five people rush towards an open door together, they will collide and smash into each-other. :wink:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, seems as if my plan to let someone else finish the tileset failed. So I will continue with it.

Here are some new tiles. A shelf (empty, with mugs and with bottles) and a mirror for the background of the bar.
  • NOT a game master

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Looking good. The one on the left looks fine. but in my opinion, the middle one looks too flat: too simplistic. Maybe you could try darkening the shadows a tad while also making the highlights a smidgen brighter?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Adjusted the colors of the bottles:

Here some merchandise presentation for the armor shop:
(As you may have noticed the armor graphics are from equipment spritesets that are in development or pending release and might be made available for buying in the new village).
  • NOT a game master