international support in the forum

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Av3nger wrote:oh nice ^^

i'll get this swords when i finish the tutorial map?
The developer status rank will require a little more
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am still for adding a "contributor" rank on the forum for everyone who made something that got into the game no matter how small it might be and reserve the developer rank to the real decision makers.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I am against. Ranks should serve a purpose to inform people about the particular function you have on forum, it shouldn't be considered as a "reward".

Regards.
Av3nger (Offline)
Novice
Novice

Post by Av3nger (Offline) »

i agree with platina in the point that ranks should serve just for inform people about the particular function that have in the forum..

And how can i get the "developer" rank? i think i'm almost there..

My projects:

-Tutorial MAP
-TMW Fansite(BR) - A real fansite...
-TMW Translated to Portuguese (release 1 juni)
-Monster(Wolf) - Will release at 2 juni

This what i've done.. not so much.. but i think i'm in the certain direction...

Cya
Sorry for my bad english

I'm from Brazil =/

---My company:

http://www.uppgames.net

--TMW Brazilian fansite

http://www.tmwbrasil.co.nr/
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

First some comments about how important I consider each of the things you do:

-Making a fansite is nice, but it doesn't really contribute to the project itself. Creating a fansite makes you a fan of tmw. It could even make you an important person in the tmw fan community when you do it well. But it does not make you a developer.
-A translation in any other language isn't a good idea when you hardcode it and not do it this way or similar: http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=17 not only because it would be a maintenance nightmare (every small change at the official version - even when it hasn't got anything to do with the user interface - has to be ported to every translated version manually) but because when someone adds GNU gettext or another modular translation system to the client all hardcoded translations will be obsolete.
-The tutorial map and a new monster would be highly welcome as long as they meet the quality standards.

Now about this "how to become a developer" thing.

You seem to be really eager to become "a developer". But I am not that sure what exactly this means to you.

Do you want to be a part of decisions regarding how the game will be? In that case you should just be on IRC more often and take part in discussions. When you got a point you will be threated seriously.

Do you just want to have the developer title on the forum? This is usually given to people who did a lot of stuff for tmw in the past and so are considered "important for the project". But it isn't anything but a title. You don't have any more rights with it. When showing off is your motivation for becoming a developer you should reconsider.

Do you want to have privileges like op on irc, game master rights on the server, write access to the SVN or be in the developer list on the bugtracker? Those are handed out to those people who really need it to do their work and know how to use these resources correctly and responsible. I, for example, have SVN write access and bugtracker developer rights because I do a lot of programming and content creation. But I haven't got gm privileges on the server because I am not interested in playing kindergarten teacher and for the things I am testing I don't need to cheat (and when I would do I could still test it locally). I haven't got op on IRC, because I don't know enough about IRC to use it responsible. I haven't got moderator rights on the forum either.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Av3nger (Offline)
Novice
Novice

Post by Av3nger (Offline) »

Nice speech Crush, not necessary but..

Well,

First off all, i wanna explain to you that i don't want the "developer" rank just to exhibiting.. saying "I'm a TMW developer, bla bla bla..." i just want to be part of the team, start to be part of decisions, but how can i see, it's just for "old" people who helped alot in the project.

I don't wanna start a discussion over here, so lets end with this and go on..
Sorry for my bad english

I'm from Brazil =/

---My company:

http://www.uppgames.net

--TMW Brazilian fansite

http://www.tmwbrasil.co.nr/
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Good idea.

Regards.