Problems starting

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
wolfgang
Peon
Peon

Problems starting

Post by wolfgang »

Hi, i have been with problem since today, i can play TMW
First the update dont start adn say that is strongly recomend to do try later, then a cuple of hour later i tried agai and the same, so i decided to play whit out update, but i cant, i cant enter the server
Sorry for my inglish im a spanish talker
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Our server got a different IP today and we forgot to update some dns entrys. But everything should work fine now. If not you got to wait a bit until the dns cache of your internet provider has refreshed.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
wolfgang
Peon
Peon

Post by wolfgang »

ok thanks!
khandy
Peon
Peon

Post by khandy »

Anyone runnung Linux able to connect (debian test)? I compiled from current source 22.2, with current guichan 6.1. It was working yesterday. The new dns seems to have taken.
It will update correctly.
After clicking Ok on the "select server" screen, it locks up, leaving that screen on, and using 100% of the cpu (as seen by top). Dragging anothr screen over it leaves black area, which never refreshes. Nothinghappens after several minutes. I have to use a "kill -9" on it.
I also tried it on another Linux machine, and it does the same thing.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

khandy wrote:Anyone runnung Linux able to connect (debian test)? I compiled from current source 22.2, with current guichan 6.1. It was working yesterday. The new dns seems to have taken.
It will update correctly.
After clicking Ok on the "select server" screen, it locks up, leaving that screen on, and using 100% of the cpu (as seen by top). Dragging anothr screen over it leaves black area, which never refreshes. Nothinghappens after several minutes. I have to use a "kill -9" on it.
I also tried it on another Linux machine, and it does the same thing.
Are you still having problems right now? Just asking since I see 7 people online at the moment, so it should work.

Client behaviour when connecting doesn't work should be a bit better with 0.0.23 (to be released soon), but it's still not optimal. You should always check the log (~/.tmw/tmw.log) and report which server and IP it's trying to connect to and whether there is any error related to it.