Linux version (newbie question)

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.

Linux version (newbie question)

Post by Guest »

is there a linux version of the last client? how can i run it? Have i to download from cvs ecc.? Anyone could post the process? I want to play but i don't know how to install the game under my linux box. Bye
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

How to get it from CVS is explained by SourceForge here and by us here. In short this is the command you're looking for:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/themanaworld co -P tmw

It was broken for a while but it seems anonymous CVS access has been fixed now. Now after you get it from CVS, you have to compile it. First though, you need to make sure you install the dependencies, which are SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer and Guichan (http://guichan.darkbits.org/).

With that all set to go, the easiest currently is to try:

make -f makefile.static

And a "tmw" executable should be created which you can run using "./tmw". There is currently no way to install TMW on your system, you just run it from the directory you compiled it in. We're slowly working towards a more standard procedure using a configure script and such.

Post by Guest »

okay, thx. I have a debina box and i'm try to create the deb package. There are problems because one day i tried to install ubuntu and now there are some debian package and some ubuntu package grr. Now i Hate ubuntu ^_^. and i'm try to repair my debian system :)

I hope to play soon ^_^
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Just ask if you need help :wink:
mallo
Peon
Peon

Post by mallo »

i'm always me ^_^, and i have a prob ehhe.

I installed the libs packages ecc.
When i try to do ./GenDeb

DebianBox:/home/mallo/mana/tmw# ./GenDeb.sh
Debian Package Creation...
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
Compilation failed somewhere. Please try to correct errors given by gcc output...
Aborting.

So tri tried with make:
it compiled some cpp then :

DebianBox:/home/mallo/mana/tmw# make -f makefile.static
g++ -o tmw obj/sound/sound.o obj/graphic/graphic.o obj/graphic/spriteset.o obj/gui/button.o obj/gui/buy.o obj/gui/buysell.o obj/gui/char_server.o obj/gui/char_select.o obj/gui/chat.o obj/gui/checkbox.o obj/gui/confirm_dialog.o obj/gui/gui.o obj/gui/inventory.o obj/gui/itemcontainer.o obj/gui/listbox.o obj/gui/login.o obj/gui/minimap.o obj/gui/npc.o obj/gui/npc_text.o obj/gui/ok_dialog.o obj/gui/passwordfield.o obj/gui/playerbox.o obj/gui/progressbar.o obj/gui/radiobutton.o obj/gui/scrollarea.o obj/gui/sell.o obj/gui/setup.o obj/gui/shop.o obj/gui/skill.o obj/gui/slider.o obj/gui/stats.o obj/gui/status.o obj/gui/textbox.o obj/gui/textfield.o obj/gui/window.o obj/gui/windowcontainer.o obj/net/network.o obj/net/protocol.o obj/resources/image.o obj/resources/resource.o obj/resources/resourcemanager.o obj/configuration.o obj/astar.o obj/base64.o obj/being.o obj/game.o obj/main.o obj/map.o obj/log.o `sdl-config --libs` -lguichan_sdl -lguichan -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image
obj/graphic/graphic.o(.text+0x1032): In function `Engine::Engine[not-in-charge]()':
src/graphic/graphic.cpp:276: undefined reference to `EquipmentWindow::EquipmentWindow[in-charge]()'
obj/graphic/graphic.o(.text+0x1982): In function `Engine::Engine[in-charge]()':
src/graphic/graphic.cpp:276: undefined reference to `EquipmentWindow::EquipmentWindow[in-charge]()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tmw] Error 1

:oops: :roll:

the libs are instaled:

DebianBox:/home/mallo/mana/tmw# apt-get install gcc g++ libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libguichan libsdl1.2debian-all
Lettura della lista dei pacchetti in corso... Fatto
Generazione dell'albero delle dipendenze in corso... Fatto
gcc gi alla versione pi recente.
g++ gi alla versione pi recente.
libsdl1.2-dev gi alla versione pi recente.
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev gi alla versione pi recente.
libsdl-image1.2-dev gi alla versione pi recente.
libguichan gi alla versione pi recente.
libsdl1.2debian-all gi alla versione pi recente.
0 aggiornati, 0 installati, 0 da rimuovere e 0 non aggiornati.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

well isnt that problem allready fixed in latest cvs ??

well i had this one too

but i really think its fixed
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yup latest cvs should solve the problem or just check if file.list contains equipment.cpp

Dai mallo non ti scoraggiare :wink:
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Note that we have released the Debian package for 0.0.9:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/them ... b?download

So if you don't exactly need the latest and greatest, there's an option for you to try. I don't know anything about GenDeb.sh, but Bertram succeeded in making that package with it. :-)
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

obj/graphic/graphic.o(.text+0x1032): In function `Engine::Engine[not-in-charge]()':
obj/graphic/graphic.o(.text+0x1982): In function `Engine::Engine[in-charge]()':
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tmw] Error 1
well this problem was because of the file.list problem...
So if you don't exactly need the latest and greatest, there's an option for you to try. I don't know anything about GenDeb.sh, but Bertram succeeded in making that package with it. Smile
well i really think just editing file.list or simply getting latst cvs should really fix this too ..
so i guess mallo will have no problem creating the deb package

Post by Guest »

Elven Programmer wrote:
Dai mallo non ti scoraggiare :wink:
okay ^_^

i'll try to download the last cvs.

Ci tento ^_^ Come progetto mi sembra carino :)
mallo
Peon
Peon

Post by mallo »

cool i tyed to install the .deb and works :) nice game ^_^
The command make -f makefile.static give the same error also with the last cvs
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

The command make -f makefile.static give the same error also with the last cvs
Yup latest cvs should solve the problem or just check if file.list contains equipment.cpp
well check the file.list