Particle Effects

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Interesting, there actually is a "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<username>\.tmw" on Windows. Nice effect :)
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Matt wrote:Interesting, there actually is a "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<username>\.tmw" on Windows. Nice effect :)
Thanks Matt. You solved my troubles with that line. I looked it up on my computer and well, my name contains å witch had been transformed into a very strange sign in config.xml. Edited that and voilá. I can now run the latest version :)
KaTSuo
Novice
Novice

Post by KaTSuo »

I've a little problem with particles effect.

It seems that the object layer is under the 3rd layer (fringe). Is there any way to solve it ?
I'm French, sorry for my bad english XD !
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's the way it is supposed to be. Can you please explain why this is a problem for you?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
KaTSuo
Novice
Novice

Post by KaTSuo »

As you can see, the flame particle is under the top of the torch... Players can walk under the top of the torch that's why I used the fringe layer.
But it looks strange. Do I have to map with the "mask" layer (2nd) or is there a solution ?
I'm French, sorry for my bad english XD !
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It seems as if you placed the effect on the ground behind the torch. When you place the effect at the bottom of the torch and then move it up into the air using the position-z in the effect definition file it should do what you want.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.