Can't register a username

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
dawolf
Peon
Peon

Can't register a username

Post by dawolf »

Hi there.

I'm probably the newest player of TMW. At least I'm trying to be the newest player of TMW :D

First of all congratulations for your work. I was huge fan of 2D MMORPG - like MapleStory - on windows and I was felling abandoned. You guys rock.

My problem is that I can't register a username. On the "server" box I have "animesites.de" which seems to be offline. When I try the register process I only get the message "Disconnected from the server".

Can anyone help me?

TIA,
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

The server is now hosted on server.themanaworld.org
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

You should use a up2date version.
dawolf
Peon
Peon

Post by dawolf »

Quiche_on_a_leash wrote:The server is now hosted on server.themanaworld.org
Still the same problem. BTW The game already updated itself.

Any more ideas?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The content is updated automatically, but the executable is not.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
dawolf
Peon
Peon

Any chance that the Ubuntu packages will be updated

Post by dawolf »

Hi.

Sorry to insist on this, but is there any chance that you guys will keep the Ubuntu packages updated as well? I wouldn't like to jump through too many hoops to play the game...

TIA,
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

They would be updated when we'd have an Ubuntu packager around. If you know anybody who could help, please point him/her to this project.
Blamoo
Novice
Novice

Re: Can't register a username

Post by Blamoo »

dawolf wrote: First of all congratulations for your work. I was huge fan of 2D MMORPG - like MapleStory - on windows and I was felling abandoned. You guys rock.
Yay! a maplestory player!

EvKat
Peon
Peon

Post by EvKat »

Sorry to revive an ancient topic, but I'm having the recurring problem even with an up-to-date build; I've tried alternative builds, using WINE + Windows version of TMW, and even 3rd party hosted deb's, but I'm not able to even register ("Got disconnected from server"). :(
I are serious cat.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

It is quite possible that you get this misleading message when you try to register an account with an already existing name. Please try to change your username.
EvKat
Peon
Peon

Post by EvKat »

Actually, I got it to work; I installed Wine and ran the Windows installer, registered under my same name (had it working), and then tried it out.

Works like a charm except for this:

Is it an OpenGL problem? I'm running fullscreen under Wine, but this has happened before with other software native to Ubuntu on fullscreen; I'm in 1024x760x32 on a DC HT P4 Intel with Radeon GC, and I've got drivers in for it, but I notice performance on Ubuntu is less than tolerable with some apps compared to my old WinXP; also, I'm listed as having one processor when I in fact have two. Is it omitting my extra power? (Monitor is native 1280x1024, but Ubuntu won't go that high)
I are serious cat.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

This photo looks like what usually happens when your graphic card sets a combination of frequency and screen resolution your monitor doesn't support (not only in tmw).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
EvKat
Peon
Peon

Post by EvKat »

Rescan rate at 69Hz. I tried numerous combinations and installed Radeon drivers once more, then got some more in depth help. It's now running fine for me, thankfully. Good game. :)
I are serious cat.