Power Balance

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Power Balance

Post by Amethyst »

Well, there is a huge and I mean HUGE difference between rangers and warriors. At lvl 20 a ranger can hit 100 with forest bow, at lvl 20 a warrior can only hit 40 or so. :/ So why not change the archers to 2 dexterity for every +1 hit. This way it will be 40 for warriors, 50 for rangers and the power balance will be fixed, because at the moment archers pretty much rule the game.

Also, can you lower the price of the shortbow to 2k? 8k is really expensive, especially for a starter bow.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No, we can't change this, because we have no control over the game mechanics of eAthena. That's why we are developing our own server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Lvl 20 warrior with short sword doesn't hit 40. Give equal weapons and you'll see it's the same.
Btw, short sword +100demage, forest bow (+75demage) + iron arrow (+25demage) = +100demage :wink:
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Chaos Ranger
Novice
Novice

Post by Chaos Ranger »

actualy the forest bow is only +65 and iron arow is +50.

I do agree that the ranger is overpowered but i think its more because of the dex skill being responisible for range damage and accuracy for both melee and range.

I am sure this all could be balanced with armor. maybe putting a strenght requirement on armor forcing the ranger to have to distribute their stat points more like the warrior has too.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Hmm, sorry mixed up "iron arrow" with that simple arrow(+25demage), that's what I mean. (Too long that I don't play)
But you should still give them equal weapons and see the diference.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

Chaos Ranger wrote:I am sure this all could be balanced with armor. maybe putting a strenght requirement on armor forcing the ranger to have to distribute their stat points more like the warrior has too.
That would be one solution. - But a bigger problem is still the "machinegun"-bow bug. I'm sure the bow loses attractiveness if its firing speed is depending on the states as it is supposed to be. (I thought is was fixed but I can still see it ingame)

I'm a lvl58 swordsman (without bow at all) carrying the best armor available. Fighting Snakes, Spiders, Flowers, Mushrooms is like committing suicide...

In comparison to a lvl58 ranger (without armor at all) the ranger can make the same or more? damage, but faster using the "machinegun"-bow bug and the enemy will be dead before the ranger was hit once... And of course the ranger get more exp because (s)he can fight strong monsters without being hit. I believe even a lvl30 ranger can kill me...

... but gameplay doesnt matter yet, as long as there is no pvp in open areas... I'm waiting for the new server ;)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
Chaos Ranger
Novice
Novice

Post by Chaos Ranger »

but gameplay doesnt matter yet, as long as there is no pvp in open areas