Bank

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Gwah
Peon
Peon

Bank

Post by Gwah »

so with the bank, is it going to allow users to transfer items and money between characters on the same ACC.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The bank is very unlikely to be implemented on eAthena.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Gwah
Peon
Peon

Post by Gwah »

but its a pretty good idea to have.say you where messing around on an alt. character that you have high Str but low Dex and find a rare bow and your main has a high Dex and could use it insted of going back and killing something on the main in hopes the bow drops again have the alt go to the bank and deposit it so that when your main signs on you can go to the bank and pick it up.

in my opinon the bank is a good idea.

you could use your higher characters to help fund your lower characters.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Doesn't matter. Every feature that can't be port to the new server is a waste of time.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

plus that's kinda like cheating ... each character should be run independently of eachother. that's one of the things that kills other mmo's like maple story. ever had someone come up to to you and say "hold this for me ... i'll be back as another named character in 10 seconds..." that's cheating! sell the item and move on or hide it somewhere if you have to.

but a bank for the sake of storing money you can't carry (if money affects your weight limit at all ... i don't have enough to really know) could be a good idea.

but if the devs think its unnecessary than so be it ...
CurtisMJun
Novice
Novice

Post by CurtisMJun »

I personally think the bank would be extremely helpful because my character carries enough to where I max out within 5 min in the desert cave. If I could put some of my rare items in the bank that would be well used. Money isn't that big of a deal unless you can implement some sort of interest but many items (like I have) starts causing problems.
CurtisJ in-game
lvl 69 archer and increasing :)
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

I think I will add this to my TODO list for 0.1

The bank will be for storing items only, no swapping with other characters.

--
trapdoor
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

A not-tradeable-tag would be cool for quest items then.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Matt wrote:A not-tradeable-tag would be cool for quest items then.
Why should quest items be not tradable? I think that would discourage cooperation between players when doing quests together.
  • NOT a game master

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I think some quest items should be untradeable because if it is tradeable you can just buy the quest item from a other player. That way even a level 3 player can complete a very hard quest.
Blamoo
Novice
Novice

Post by Blamoo »

put lvl limit on quests or update eathena to use item_trade.txt file
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Blamoo wrote:or update eathena to use item_trade.txt file
We are talking about the new server.
  • NOT a game master

Blamoo
Novice
Novice

Post by Blamoo »

Crush wrote:
Blamoo wrote:or update eathena to use item_trade.txt file
We are talking about the new server.
srry :|
Joe Pendragon
Peon
Peon

Post by Joe Pendragon »

don't understand why swapping items between characters would spoil the game... never bothered me back in RO, and sometimes it's quite a nice feature, can't see why not to implement...
and I think every item should be tradeble... put lvl requirements for the quests... and anyway, if the quest is that hard to complete, so the item is hard to come by, and no one will sell it cheap... new players doesn't have money!
"Not discussable!" ??? WTF...
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

The non tradeable tag isn't only useful for quest items. It's also very useful for event items.

When runescape started they didnt have any non tradeable items. Only a few people got some event items. Now if you want to buy that event item you must pay millions of gp. The players who got some event items are rich just because they played runescape from the beginning. That's just unfair in my opinion.