Hero of Allacrost - Nice GPL'ish tilesets

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Jetryl wrote:You have no shading level on your tiles; you might think you do, but I'm not sure you guys rightly understand shading.
At least I'm aware that we've made a decision about this and settled with early SNES Final Fantasy series level of shading and not even thinking about going to the later SNES game level, not to even mention the GBA level.

On the management level you're absolutely right and we'll need a lucky strike with some capable person joining.

Until then, we're really not in a hurry.
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Nice tiles, but definately out of style. We could use them as inspiration though.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Problem is that the nicer graphics we have the more seriously we are being treated. People like nice wrapping. Therefore, if we have a base to do better we should consider it.

Regards.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

i think game mechanics should be primary goal right now, graphics can be dealt with easily after everything is in place to make the graphics worth it. you'll spend all your time on graphics and have a game thats crappy. my opinion ...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Zick, we got pixel artists who can't program on one hand and programmers who can't do pixel art on the other hand.

I am the only one who does both and thus has the ability to set prioritys on programming or graphics. But besides that graphic and gameplay development don't interfere with each other.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Not true, Crush, Elven is pixelling too. :)

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, in the last year he was neither pixeling nor programming much.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

i said what i said because i've seen projects fall by the wayside because they focused on graphics first and not game mechanics. if you can help it, i say hit the code first, use placeholder graphics if you must, and let the whiners go download maple story ...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

zick wrote:i said what i said because i've seen projects fall by the wayside because they focused on graphics first and not game mechanics. if you can help it, i say hit the code first, use placeholder graphics if you must, and let the whiners go download maple story ...
And it seems you missed Crush his point, which was that there is no question of focus or what to do first here at all, because there are simply those who can code and those who can do graphics. They work in parallel. Crush is basically the only one who's been doing both.