Dev-C++ - Building files (I think)

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Dev-C++ - Building files (I think)

Post by JoshLangley »

Ok, I think I managed to get to the building process, But came up with LOTS (94) of errors. I'm guessing that it's probably something small that I have left out like adding a path or something, any ideas?

edit: I have only included the errors, not the commands.
Last edited by JoshLangley on 26 Jun 2007, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

http://www.myspace.com/Langerz
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Again the Dev-Cpp project file is outdated, you need to add the files manually, wait for someone willing to update the project or just use Code::Blocks
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Again the Dev-Cpp project file is outdated, you need to add the files manually, wait for someone willing to update the project or just use Code::Blocks
Since I am having enough trouble as it is, I think option B (Code:Blocks) is much more preferable, lol thanks. :D
edit: Oh i c now, If it's just a matter of adding a bunch of files I'm up to the task!! :)
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

looks like the devC++ project file is very outdated. what are you trying to compile? trunk client or 0.0 client? I updated the devC++ project file of the 0.0 client some days ago but i didn't update those of the trunk client.

When you are compiling the 0.0 client i made a mistake.

When you are compiling the trunk client please add all sourcecode files to the project that aren't added yet.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

Crush wrote:looks like the devC++ project file is very outdated. what are you trying to compile? trunk client or 0.0 client? I updated the devC++ project file of the 0.0 client some days ago but i didn't update those of the trunk client.

When you are compiling the 0.0 client i made a mistake.

When you are compiling the trunk client please add all sourcecode files to the project that aren't added yet.
how would I b able to tell the difference? :?

project file "The Mana World.dev"
file version "0.1.0"
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ok, then you are compiling the trunk.

The DevC++ file is very outdated. Add all sourcecode files you find in the src directory to your project and try again.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

ok, I've done that, built without any errors. I tried to copy over the exe on version 0.0.23 and I couldn't connect to the default server specified. However, I suspect that testing the newer version is not as easy as that.. :D
Do you want to check over the updated dev file? please advise, and thanks to both for your help.
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You can't connect with the 0.1 version to server.themanaworld.org because it is not for the current official server (eAthena) but for our new server (TMWServ) which is still in an early development stage.

I think Bjørn Lindeijer set up a public test server but I don't remember the hostname and i am not sure if it is even online at the moment.

Or you can of course download and compile the server too and run it locally. But compiling it on windows is a bit tricky.

Or you could ask someone to run a server for you. I just started one. IP is

But I will only keep it open for a few hours.
  • NOT a game master

JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

Crush wrote:You can't connect with the 0.1 version to server.themanaworld.org because it is not for the current official server (eAthena) but for our new server (TMWServ) which is still in an early development stage.

I think Bjørn Lindeijer set up a public test server but I don't remember the hostname and i am not sure if it is even online at the moment.

Or you can of course download and compile the server too and run it locally. But compiling it on windows is a bit tricky.

Or you could ask someone to run a server for you. I just started one. IP is

But I will only keep it open for a few hours.
that's ok man, just close it when ur finished with it, I'm gonna call it a night.
kind regards,
Josh Langley.