Error: Equipment Database: Could not find equipment.xml!

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Error: Equipment Database: Could not find equipment.xml!

Post by Hank2000 »

OK,

strange that I can find this error message all over Google, but not in this forum!?

Well I have mandriva 2007.1 Free and compiled TMW with openGL quite well but when I start I get the above message!
How can I get rid of this and start playing to find out if TMW is right for me???
And why do I get connection time outs ALL THE Time when trying to update???

Achim
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The "Could not find equipment.xml!" message appears because the update process is incompleted. Fix the problem with the updater and this error will disappear, too.

The reason for the updater timing out could be that
a) the updateserver is offline (what isn't the case while I am writing this post)
b) you can't reach it because of network problems on your side
c) you have the wrong updateserver in your config. Are you maybe using an old version of tmw (older than 0.0.22.2)?. Check the config.xml in your homefolders subdirectory /.tmw. The option "updatehost" should have the value "http://updates.themanaworld.org"
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Post by Hank2000 »

Crush wrote:The "Could not find equipment.xml!" message appears because the update process is incompleted. Fix the problem with the updater and this error will disappear, too.

The reason for the updater timing out could be that
a) the updateserver is offline (what isn't the case while I am writing this post)
b) you can't reach it because of network problems on your side
c) you have the wrong updateserver in your config. Are you maybe using an old version of tmw (older than 0.0.22.2)?. Check the config.xml in your homefolders subdirectory /.tmw. The option "updatehost" should have the value "http://updates.themanaworld.org"
well the version I compiled is the last one 0.0.23 !
problems on my side of the network in which way???
I have a D-Link router running with a small firewall can that be a problem to connect???
but I can connect to other servers like bzflag or crossfire pretty well!?
and strange is: my config.xml is always empty???

:cry:

Hank
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Is there anything interesting in your log file? It's stored at ~/.tmw/tmw.log.
Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Post by Hank2000 »

Bjørn wrote:Is there anything interesting in your log file? It's stored at ~/.tmw/tmw.log.
hmm, after putting in the updatehost option it filles in a complete xml structure where nothing was before....
well and in the logfile, when it comes to errors or warnings it s about this:

-->
[10:41:04.95] Sound::startMusic() Playing "/usr/local//share/tmw/data/music/Magick - Real.ogg" -1 times
[10:41:04.95] Sound::startMusic() Warning: error loading file. <well>[10:41:05.61] Downloading: http://updates.themanaworld.org/news.txt
[10:41:32.87] Warning: Failed to load updates/resources2.txt: No such file or directory
[10:41:32.87] Couldn't load text file: updates/resources2.txt <well>[10:41:33.29] State: EXIT
[10:41:33.29] Configuration::write() writing configuration...
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/mouse.png)
[10:41:33.29] Window::~Window("Window")
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-blue-s.png[44x35])
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-blue-s.png)
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-red-s.png[44x35])
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-red-s.png)
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-blue-m.png[62x44])
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-blue-m.png)
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-red-m.png[62x44])
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-red-m.png)
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-blue-l.png[82x60])
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-blue-l.png)
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-red-l.png[82x60])
[10:41:33.29] ResourceManager::release(graphics/gui/target-cursor-red-l.png)
[10:41:33.29] Sound::stopMusic()
[10:41:33.37] Sound::close() Shutting down sound...
[10:41:33.37] ResourceManager::~ResourceManager() cleaning up 1 references to graphics/gui/bg_quad_dis.png
[10:41:33.37] ResourceManager::~ResourceManager() cleaning up 8 references to graphics/gui/vscroll_grey.png
[10:41:33.37] ResourceManager::~ResourceManager() cleaning up 1 references to graphics/images/login_wallpaper.png
<---

Hank
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When your config.xml is empty tmw might have no permission to write to your user directory.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Post by Hank2000 »

Crush wrote:When your config.xml is empty tmw might have no permission to write to your user directory.
nope everything is free for everyone to read and write concerning tmw!
and still with or without update I get the mentioned error message and the program closes!!!

Hank
Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Post by Hank2000 »

Hi there,

So. then there s nothing else I can do???
It compild right, I have sound now, always update connection timeout and when I want to play game closes with the above error message!!!
even without update!!!
Pioneers works, Crossfire works, bzflag works, so cant be really a problem on my network side I think!?
and it s the latest version 0.0.23.too!
Any ideas left or do I have to quit with Mana World???
And I did set any permission available even those which arent necessary at all!!!!

Achim
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, you could follow this guide to get the resource files without using the updater. This should allow you to play until the next update is released (then you have to do it again):
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2617

But it would be better to find out why tmw is unable to find the update server and fix the problem.
  • NOT a game master

Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Post by Hank2000 »

Crush wrote:Well, you could follow this guide to get the resource files without using the updater. This should allow you to play until the next update is released (then you have to do it again):
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2617

But it would be better to find out why tmw is unable to find the update server and fix the problem.
well, Ok if I find out something I ll let You know!
but I am an ordinary user, not a developer!
Hank2000
Peon
Peon

Post by Hank2000 »

Hm, strange again! :(

I recompiled again, with everything exact the same, and now it works, with updating and everything!
So I don t see where the fault was on MY side, I think something with the update process on the server was wrong!!!
But I DO have a problem with opengl, I can only play with SDL support, happens to some games, think the implementation in Mandriva 2007 isn t that good!

Achim