LOST!!! GMH@Rzza

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Demula
Peon
Peon

LOST!!! GMH@Rzza

Post by Demula »

Dont know if this guy really a GM or not.

I was having alot of fun on the game for awhile..But he started to follow me braging about 400hp and uber armor claiming he was a GM, He/She also killed me.

Nice game guys..But dont think ppl want to play a Game where GM's pick on noobies. Did get alot of help from a few players tho.

LOST!!! GMH@Rzza Can go suck a big one for ruining the game for me =(
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

There were a lot of cases of people impersonating gms lately. just ignore them. the game is mostly unadministrated. there are rarely any gms ingame and when there are any they certainly won't demand stuff from people (a real gm could cheat himself everything he wants).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Demula
Peon
Peon

oh

Post by Demula »

so he isnt a GM, bah...

K, sorry to bother ya.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Just for the referrence my GM char has over 16 000 HP due to some wild experimentation to crash the client with poorly handled RO protocol codes at some point.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Maybe somebody should look into whether we may be able to add a startup message shown in the chat dialog after login saying something like "This game is a work in progress and you've entered the official testing server. There are no rules and no GMs."
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's what the MOTD is for. A text that appears in the chatlog right after login. It used to read "Welcome to The Mana World running on eAthena" once, but someone seems to have removed it.

Oh, and maybe we should recommend everyone who is interested in playing a game with real content and administration based on TMW to play EvoL Online instead.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Derick
Peon
Peon

Post by Derick »

i dont see you guys on but i see Elven on a lot. hes nice :] and funny =p
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Crush wrote:Oh, and maybe we should recommend everyone who is interested in playing a game with real content and administration based on TMW to play EvoL Online instead.
Well, at least the French guys, but for the rest that's really not an option I guess.

About EvoL Online, I think it would be really preferable if it would be just another server you could connect to, instead of having to download their client. It would be good to discuss with them any changes necessary to the client to make this possible.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Bjørn wrote:
Crush wrote:Oh, and maybe we should recommend everyone who is interested in playing a game with real content and administration based on TMW to play EvoL Online instead.
Well, at least the French guys, but for the rest that's really not an option I guess.
Well, about the half of our community doesn't speak english either. So it's not really a difference for those :)
About EvoL Online, I think it would be really preferable if it would be just another server you could connect to, instead of having to download their client. It would be good to discuss with them any changes necessary to the client to make this possible.
As far as i can tell the only changes at the EvoL binary are the strings that have been translated to french. I don't understand either why evol uses its own updater instead of just delivering all the content through the update system of tmw.

Although when you zip the contents of the evol data folder and put it in your customdata directory you can connect with the standard tmw client but some tilesets seem to be missing.
Last edited by Crush on 13 Jul 2007, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
  • NOT a game master

zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

maybe in the future real version gm's should have a guild text next to their name that is known to be official GM's ...
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

Yeah, a simple name colour change followed by a reserved marker e.g. "[GM]" would end the confusion. :)
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

http://www.myspace.com/Langerz
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Just different name colour would be ok.

Regards.
Chaos Ranger
Novice
Novice

Post by Chaos Ranger »

Derick wrote:i dont see you guys on but i see Elven on a lot. hes nice :] and funny =p
So this guy Elven is a GM?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

GM is: Elven, Bjorn and me.

Regards.
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

did I say simple... uh oh spaghettios :D

It would be if we used true type fonts.

Since we use bitmap fonts another font set would need to be created, unless we can manipulate the font pixels.
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

http://www.myspace.com/Langerz