Readable (Or interactive) Objects

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

irving_rivas
Peon
Peon

Readable (Or interactive) Objects

Post by irving_rivas »

Maybe we could make things (like signposts) interactive by creating an NPC with the object tile as the image? i.e.: To create the signpost, we could just make the NPC (facing south, I'd say) and set the image the same that the signpost is...

Dunno if it's actually possible to implement.
if (Person.Playing){
Person.Dreaming = 1
}
if (Person.Dreaming){
Person.Life.Value++;
Person.Life.Happiness++;
}
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

It is indeed doable. It has been suggested before but I gues that since they are working on a new server adding it right now would be a waste of time.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

It's a waste of time only when it's done by somebody who could be working on something more useful. But I think it would still be nice if Irving would give this a try. :-)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Signposts can be implemented as NPCs with one frame of text and without any interaction. Quite trivial. All you need to know is the first "hello world" example of an eAthena scripting tutorial.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.