Latest TMWserv + 0.1 Client

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

mumbles
Peon
Peon

Latest TMWserv + 0.1 Client

Post by mumbles »

Hello,

I've compiled latest TMWServ in linux rev 3398, working at 192.168.1.1

tmwserv.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<option name="accountServerAddress" value="192.168.1.1"/>
<option name="accountServerPort" value="9601"/>
<option name="dbhost" value=""/>
<option name="dbpass" value=""/>
<option name="dbuser" value=""/>
<option name="defaultMap" value="1"/>
<option name="gameServerAddress" value="192.168.1.1"/>
<option name="gameServerPort" value="9604"/>
<option name="startX" value="720"/>
<option name="startY" value="840"/>
</configuration>

Also downloaded and compiled latest trunk client (0.1 rev 3397) in a windows xp.
both pc's are ofc in the same internal network

The client runs fine, when i input the server address (192.168.1.1) it keeps trying to connect indefinately untill i cancel it.

Linux has iptables accepting all connections (there are no rules, just in case someone wonder about the firewall) also tested from another linux pc inside the same private network with nmap and udp ports are open.

Any info about this ?

Best regards,
silene
Peon
Peon

Post by silene »

It is not clear when reading your mail: Does the client work if you run it on the same computer as the server? Just to keep away from windows and network troubles at first.
mumbles
Peon
Peon

Post by mumbles »

Nop sorry, i haven't tested client and server on the same PC, the server is running in a pc with no monitor or keyboard mainly used for some testing around here.

I'll try to compile both client and server in a debian i have here for my usual work, which i could have done before i just assumed there would be any known issue or something related to it.

btw, windows firewall is off, and like i said, iptables on the server is flushed also, from my workstation i nmapped the server and the ports are open so i'm assuming it's something related with the windows side (either OS or the client itself).

I also noticed there is no timeout check on the client, reading even docs, tried to add a timeout (30 secs) but unfortunately seems to 'hang' the loading animation till the timeout ends.

Best regards,
mumbles
Peon
Peon

Post by mumbles »

Errors starting while compiling the client.

Debian etch

depbase=`echo gui/widgets/dropdown.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -DTMW_DATADIR=\""/home/brandon/mmorpg/manaworld/client/share/tmw/"\" -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -g -O2 -MT gui/widgets/dropdown.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o gui/widgets/dropdown.o gui/widgets/dropdown.cpp &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
gui/widgets/../listbox.h:51: error: âgcn::MouseEventâ has not been declared
gui/widgets/dropdown.cpp: In member function âvirtual void DropDown::draw(gcn::Graphics*)â:
gui/widgets/dropdown.cpp:131: error: âisFocusedâ was not declared in this scope
gui/widgets/dropdown.cpp:141: error: âdrawChildrenâ was not declared in this scope

--------------------

ii libguichan0 0.4.0-4.1 small, efficient C++ GUI library

greping the includes can't find a MouseEvent anywhere, i'm guessing i need a higher version of libguichan (latest seems to be 0.7.1) but since i read in they're site that it isn't backwards compatible, so, what version is needed ?

Best regards,
silene
Peon
Peon

Post by silene »

Just occurred to me. Please check that you use the exact same version of enet on both your computers. If you were to use enet 1.1 on your linux box and enet 1.0 on your windowsbox, it would explain your troubles.
mumbles
Peon
Peon

Post by mumbles »

I think you hit the nail, linux has libenet 1.0 and windows is using the latest dev-c++ pack which uses libenet 1.1

I'll put them at the same version and make a few more tests.

Best regards,
silene
Peon
Peon

Post by silene »

mumbles wrote:i'm guessing i need a higher version of libguichan (latest seems to be 0.7.1) but since i read in they're site that it isn't backwards compatible, so, what version is needed ?
Yes, you need a 0.7.x version. So, on debian, you will have to compile it yourself.
mumbles
Peon
Peon

Post by mumbles »

Working wonderfully after i've put libenet at the same version on windows and on linux side.

Thanks silene

Best regards,