Isometric

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Saphy wrote:Moreover, communicating via IRC isn't really the best idea because of time zone problems. Perhaps we should organize the wiki or such so that anyone can pick up creating sprites by registering themself after getting their draft approved? Currectly, it seems like the graphics artists have to go through a lot of trouble just to figure out what should be picked up. Of course, I can create any random sprites or tile, but what is the priority of it? And if it will only get used when another tile/sprite is completed, then one should assist another one instead.
Actually we're going to use the mantis task tracking system at http://mantis.themanaworld.org/ .

I'm waiting on world and map development before going into conceptualization before going into pixellation. (For clarity: after all this we can build the actual ingame maps.)

Perhaps in a few years. (In the meanwhile any content and exploration into possibilities is welcome, though.)
This message used to be meaningful.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Saphy wrote:I see. But the basic character sprites aren't final either. There was many changes needed for the characters, such as the sitting positions as well as the postures. So creating armour and pants were out of question for now, until the sprite is finished.
Indeed, in fact in my opinion the highest priority should be completing the player spriteset as soon as possible. But apart this one there are a lot of other tasks to be picked up, such as tiles and monsters.
JoshLangley
Peon
Peon

Post by JoshLangley »

I'm not too sure about pixeling or art side of tmw, so my opinion can be totally disregarded. :)

If the work is co-ordinated well, then that will assist in productivity.

Are their any mundane activities in the sprite work, that people of lesser or beginner sprite knowledge can work on? Maybe the artists could do the hard (and more exciting) work that's involved, then delegate the batch stuff (colouring perhaps) to other people.

Or maybe the experienced artist could do the main keyframes and let the less experienced people 'fill in the gaps'.

Also about attracting artists, yes advertising would be advantageous into helping our cause. Also improving our web portfolio so that people can be inspired to help the work that we do.

Also by having tutorials specific to tmw sprite work would be advantageous, if we don't already.

turnaround times r always a difficult thing to work with, by synergizing our efforts, and helping people that may not be necessary relevant to our given task at any point in time, this will enable us to be a more cohesive team, that will be able to conquer any challenge that we may face. :D
kind regards,
Josh Langley.

http://www.myspace.com/Langerz
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

At the moment there is no skilled enough pixel artist on this project to work on the character set who would also have the free time to achieve anything.

That is unless Saphy is interested.

We're only missing approximately 25 000 frames from it at this point.
This message used to be meaningful.
FoxSix
Peon
Peon

Post by FoxSix »

Do you think it would be possible for the eathena emulator to emulate other games? I really don't see why not, there are a couple of people who have made their own games with it. I'll play around with it. Anyone have a download for the uncompiled source and a how to compile tutorial? Also what would be a good compiler to use?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I guess you can find all the infos you need at eAthena's website