Suggestion for Improvements

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blueberry
Novice
Novice

Suggestion for Improvements

Post by blueberry »

Hey Guys & Gals!

I've got some suggestions which you might find useful:

Picture One:

In this case one can't pick up the glove because everytime you click the icon, the NPC gets active.

Picture Two:

Items like daggers, gloves, shirts etc. should be bundled like bug-legs for example.

Picture Three:

Seems theres an Error in the Map: One could move along the arrows.

The DOT shows a place, if when clicked on a dropped goodie one moves out of the cave instead of picking it up when clicked.

Picture Four:

Another Map Error: One can't move along this way.

Picture Five:

The blue bar should be on focus while selling items; would be easier for gameplay.

Other Suggestions:

It would be nice if you would implement the function to find out in which map other players are with a console function e.g. "/find Player1"

Also a Teleporter from map to map would be nice (like in Zelda etc.)

So, thats it for now.
Perhaps someone would take the chance to continue this list.

Greets,
blue
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Suggestion for Improvements

Post by Crush »

blueberry wrote:
Picture One:

In this case one can't pick up the glove because everytime you click the icon, the NPC gets active.
You can still pick it up using the keyboard (S Key). Playing with the keyboard is the most comfortable way of playing tmw anyway. You should try it.
Picture Two:

Items like daggers, gloves, shirts etc. should be bundled like bug-legs for example.
Equipment will be customizable one day. That would make stacking of equipment very inconvenient.
Picture Three:

Seems theres an Error in the Map: One could move along the arrows.

The DOT shows a place, if when clicked on a dropped goodie one moves out of the cave instead of picking it up when clicked.
Yes, that warp zone might be a bit oversized.
Picture Four:

Another Map Error: One can't move along this way.
Another slightly exaggerated warp zone.
Picture Five:

The blue bar should be on focus while selling items; would be easier for gameplay.
I am not sure what you mean with that. Please be a bit more precise.
It would be nice if you would implement the function to find out in which map other players are with a console function e.g. "/find Player1"
Not possible on the current server. Might be obsolete on the new server which will have a private message feature that makes it able to just ask the player where he is. There should be no way to find another player in the world without his consent. It would make harrasment too easy when you can't just go away when someone annoys you.
Also a Teleporter from map to map would be nice (like in Zelda etc.)
Come on, the world isn't that large yet that one would need a teleport NPC. But when it grows a lot we will think about including some kind of public transport.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Thanks for Answering that fast...

Post by blueberry »

To be more precise to your question:

Picture 5:

The blue bar should automatcally be the last visible icon on the bottom of the list.
This would make things easier (faster) to sell.

Thanks for your Efforts you all invest in your spare time. Open Source rules!

greets
blue
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

blueberry wrote:Picture Two:

Crush wrote:Equipment will be customizable one day. That would make stacking of equipment very inconvenient.
I would suggest handling equipment stacking the way Angband does: stacking together items only if they are functionally or statistically identical. So if you have 4 basic daggers and one flaming dagger, the 4 basic daggers would be stacked, while the flaming one would be counted separate.

To implement this suggestion into the game's source code, I would give each equipment item a "quantity" variable. This value would be increased if you got another item that was identical to it, and the variable be would decreased if one other item like it was sold, dropped, or modified.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We plan to make equipment so individual that two identical daggers will be as rare as two identical snowflakes. It might also be possible that equipment will have unconstant attributes (like durability or magical energy left).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

I see. Well, a solution is still needed for those who need to sell a bunch of weapons and/or armor at once. I think this could be covered simply by improving the selling interface. Blueberry has already suggested such an improvement.

Namely, when a highlighted item in the menu is sold off and removed, the "blue bar" should highlight the next item on the list, instead of jumping back up to the top of the menu.