couldn find the map file...grr

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

couldn find the map file...grr

Post by Fou-lu »

well when i enter to the new town that appera can someone do somrthing please? i trapped in there because i cant start to play.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

try to delete your update map. and then let the update finish.
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

how i do that?
i really do not understand who to use a mac im very noob at that....
should i download the game again?
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

please someone help me
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

EJlol wrote:try to delete your update map. and then let the update finish.
i done it i delete the map file and it got unzziped again but i still have the same error....-.-
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Could you actually tell us what your problem is and which error you're talking about?
Thoht
Peon
Peon

Post by Thoht »

Hello,

I think I know what the problem is. I entered the new village, and went into one of the buildings there (the one with a sign displaying a bow outside) which caused the game client to shut down with the message "Error: Could not find map file". I'm not sure wether this is only an issue for Mac users or everyone though.
Thoht
Peon
Peon

Post by Thoht »

Oh and I can't enter the game with my character anymore, when I attempt to log in, I only get to the "Connecting to map server..." part before I get the same error message again.
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

Thot i have the same problem i have entered to the new weapons and aromrs shop and the game close and a appear this: "Error:could not find file map"....and when i log in and i select my character the game disconect me and the same aerror appear...so i cant actualy play ...V_V....
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

this is what my consol says i dont know is theis works

Mac OS X Version 10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
2007-08-23 08:30:23 -0700
2007-08-23 08:30:23.543 loginwindow[348] FSResolveAliasWithMountFlags returned err = -43

/Volumes/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin: can't map file: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin ((os/kern) invalid argument)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

According to the last line of this error message it is a message about an error in the flash plugin of your firefox browser. That has nothing to do with tmw.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Thoht
Peon
Peon

Post by Thoht »

Since I still can't enter the game with my original character I created a new one and went to the new village again. When I enter a building, any building there, I recieve the same error.

Not sure how to get one of those nifty error logs that I've seen elsewhere, I looked in the package, but there was no tmw.log file there, nor would Spotlight find one. I am however a bit new to Macintosh computers, so I might've missed something here.

I thought this may be related to this topic but reinstalling the game client won't help, and this is sort of bound to the new village buildings rather than a general crash? I'm running Tiger by the way, 10.4.
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

Crush wrote:According to the last line of this error message it is a message about an error in the flash plugin of your firefox browser. That has nothing to do with tmw.
yes thats true but im not the only one whit that problem....i will ttry to download the game whit a new version of firefox and the Safari.

EDIT: nvm dosent works.... :( i wont be able to play again whit my best char U_U
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

soo if the problem is on my mac...can someone tell me what i need to do? because i dont really know about use a mac.
Fou-lu
Novice
Novice

Post by Fou-lu »

well i was looking for the files inside the game and these 3 Woodland_village.png
Woodland_village_x2.png
Woodland_village_x3.png

are not on the tiles file inside the game soo...how can i put them in?
is this the problem?