Game time and effects upon characters.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

imachine
Peon
Peon

Game time and effects upon characters.

Post by imachine »

So how about time, day/night, at night certain skills affine and attune while others deter, similarly, certain creatures are better off during the night, certain are better off during the day, healing (with 'sit' lol option) is quicker at times with daylight (unless a fire for example has been made, which allows for better/faster healing and keeps the beasts away, at least some) at say 125-150%...

One week could compose of 5 days, or so, whatever, that would allow us to have some nice historical variety and whatnot ;)

And something like different times of the year, that would be a lot far fetched I suppose, but is nothing to not concider I'd suppose ;)

Having luck as a skill, we might have birth of characters, zodiac signs, certain zodiacal amulets, which would strenghten their powers during certain times of the year, supposedly a character is born/created in the 5th out of 7 months in the year, and he gains a zodiac sign of say Pinkie (lol) and upon that, he has skills similar to it, that'd be gets an affinity in dexterity, and a loss at strength, such stuff would certainly breathe some life into the currently imo dull character creation system.

Let me know what you think about it.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Re: Game time and effects upon characters.

Post by yosuhara »

imachine wrote:So how about time, day/night, at night certain skills affine and attune while others deter, similarly, certain creatures are better off during the night, certain are better off during the day, healing (with 'sit' lol option) is quicker at times with daylight (unless a fire for example has been made, which allows for better/faster healing and keeps the beasts away, at least some) at say 125-150%...

One week could compose of 5 days, or so, whatever, that would allow us to have some nice historical variety and whatnot ;)

And something like different times of the year, that would be a lot far fetched I suppose, but is nothing to not concider I'd suppose ;)

Having luck as a skill, we might have birth of characters, zodiac signs, certain zodiacal amulets, which would strenghten their powers during certain times of the year, supposedly a character is born/created in the 5th out of 7 months in the year, and he gains a zodiac sign of say Pinkie (lol) and upon that, he has skills similar to it, that'd be gets an affinity in dexterity, and a loss at strength, such stuff would certainly breathe some life into the currently imo dull character creation system.

Let me know what you think about it.
time effects (and other "time stuff") has already been suggested and discussed...
imachine
Peon
Peon

Post by imachine »

please point me to the correct thread then or close/merge this one, as I wasn't aware and for that I am sorry.

also mind you these are MY suggestions as regards time, so they still stand valid I suppose.

cheers!