manipulation + combination of objects

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

I've done a section on the equipment system for upgrading. You can read it on the Wiki board if you like. This isn't a true "item construction" system though, it only allows for upgrades, not creation from base materials.

I think the system will be possible once we get further along, and will add a bit of depth to gameplay. As per the moment, I've got my hands full with magic and skills, but keep coming up with suggestions for items and crafts you want made. We'll keep them in mind.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Object manipulation and combining is one idea I'm going to fight for, but there must be some randomness to it, if you deal with complex magical attributes, you could never be sure about it.. You could soon be the owner of a shining new sword that can cut through stone or the lucky owner of a rare rubber chicken! :)
Argh
Peon
Peon

Post by Argh »

Yeah, good suggestion Rotonen!
I think this randomness shoulde be part of every manipualtion process in relation to you skills and attributes. I.e. (coming back to my example with the bread) you could randomly produce bread which heals you (I'm not assuming now that normal food gives back HP), if you are very intellgient or dexterous.
imorgado
Novice
Novice

Post by imorgado »

UO has excellent ideas of object manipullations. We should drink in UO fountain too ;-)