Cursor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I second that, Crush!
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Jonan
Peon
Peon

Post by Jonan »

Yes, really cool :wink:
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

Good idea :D , but I would think that it might be a bit of an eye sore. I like it though. Maybe if there was a transition, but that would be way too much work. What if there was an option to turn the changing colors on and off. On for beginners- or who needs them- and off for players that know what everything is already, so that the game isn't too laggy :wink: . Just brainstorming here.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Crush wrote:Maybe we could change the color of the gemstone based on context. Like red when the cursor is on an attackable target, green when on a walkable tile, grey when on an unwalkable tile, blue when on an item and so on.
Superb idea :D
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Kyle wrote:Good idea :D , but I would think that it might be a bit of an eye sore. I like it though. Maybe if there was a transition, but that would be way too much work. What if there was an option to turn the changing colors on and off. On for beginners- or who needs them- and off for players that know what everything is already, so that the game isn't too laggy :wink: . Just brainstorming here.
I don't know what you mean with "too laggy", the data of most of what appears on screen is taken locally from your stored map. There is no net activity for that.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Oh my, what is the point of having a custom cursor? It is just a small arrow, so you could mark the place to click, no reason for every program to have a different one.

Regards.
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

I don't know why I thought how a color changing cursor could make the movements of the mouse slower. Since that thecustom cursor moves a bit after I move the mouse (at least for me), I thought that on that changes colors would make it even slower, but thanks for clearing it up for me.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Try disabling custom cursor in setup.
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

I have already :) .

P.S. Almost ignore the post I made above about transitions. I wrote it near midnight and don't know what I was thinking :roll: .